solved - Hash of an Entire Folder Structure

NDog

I want to point to a folder and generate hash of all contents.

I'm familiar with using which works very well with single files... a fallback option I have is to take a zip archive the aforementioned folder and then hash the archive... but I'm hoping to not have to do that.

Kind regards

Edited by NDog

I think you can use FileFindFirstFile & FileFindFirstFile to walk across your folder and going using MD5 from

Then you'll have to do something like this:

#include <Crypt.au3>
_Crypt_Startup()
; Assuming $aAListOfFilesInAFolder is an array of file names.
For $i = 1 To $aAListOfFilesInAFolder[0]
    $sFileContent = FileRead( $aAListOfFilesInAFolder[$i])
    ; Third parameter should be True for the last iteration.
    $sHash = _Crypt_HashData($sFileContent, $CALG_MD5, False, $sHash)
Next
_Crypt_Shutdown()
Edited by dany

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Solved. Thanks for your suggestions danny and Danyfirex

- md5 enumerator

- _RecFileListToArray

#include <RecFileListToArray.au3>
#include <md5.au3>

$dir = FileSelectFolder("Select Folder to Traverse","",4)
$FilesList = _RecFileListToArray($dir, "*", 1, 1, 1, 2)

Dim $BufferSize = 0x20000, $Timer = TimerInit()

$MD5CTX = _MD5Init() ; start reading input into the buffer
For $i = 1 To $FilesList[0]
    $Filename = $FilesList[$i]
    $FileHandle = FileOpen($FilesList[$i], 16)

For $j = 1 To Ceiling(FileGetSize($Filename) / $BufferSize)
        _MD5Input($MD5CTX, FileRead($FileHandle, $BufferSize)) ; add input into the buffer
    Next

FileClose($FileHandle)
Next
$Hash = _MD5Result($MD5CTX) ; finish reading input into the buffer

ConsoleWrite("MD5 Result: "& $Hash & " in " & Round(TimerDiff($Timer)) & " ms"&@CRLF)

Ndog,

To save on time with large files maybe only hash a small percentage of the file. Here is an idea >>

#include <File.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>

_Crypt_Startup()

Example()

_Crypt_Shutdown()

Func Example()
    Local $aArray = _FileListToArray(@ScriptDir, '*', 1), $sHash = ''
    For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
        $sHash = _MD5Hash($aArray[$i], 25) ; Read only 25% of the file.
        ConsoleWrite($aArray[$i] & ' :: ' & $sHash & @CRLF)
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>Example

; By guinness - 2012.
Func _MD5Hash($sFilePath, $iRead = Default) ; Default is 100%
    If ($iRead > 100) Or ($iRead < 0) Or $iRead = Default Then
        $iRead = 100
    EndIf
    $iRead = ($iRead / 100) * FileGetSize($sFilePath)
    Return _Crypt_HashData(FileRead($sFilePath, $iRead), $CALG_MD5)
EndFunc   ;==>_MD5Hash

OR look at trancexx's MD5 UDF too, in particular this entry >>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for the example Guinness.

Sorry if I sound daft but how could I concatenate multiple md5 hash into one md5 hash? With my example I am feeding multiple values into the buffer, but if there is a way to have an array of multiple md5 hashes, how could I take that array and make it into a single md5 hash?

Using my example or yours? As I can only offer advice with mine at this time.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

Perhaps you can do something like this ---> dir c:windows /s > c:list.txt

Or use a _FileListToArray function like the one guinness posted.

And then hash the list.txt file?

I can only assume logic here from the OP.

Knowing if a file was added or removed is not necessarily what they're looking for.

Knowing if there has been "any change" to the structure ( file added, removed, or data inside the file changed in anyway ( not just byte size ) ) would be what they're after.

Hashing File names, Directory names, and File contents, on a concatenation process is the only thing that makes sense to me for this to work.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

SmOke_N,

True, but... what if list.txt contained all the file hashes?

A single hash can then be made on list.txt.

If there is a difference between checks, then finding the difference between the text files with a compare function should produce the desired results on which file changed.

I haven't played with it enough to know what would be the most efficient in this regard, but it's a place to start, thats all I was trying to convey.

-edited forum formatting-

Edited by ripdad

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward