Using autoit dll within vba

AutoitMike

I have done extensive programming in vb vba and autoit. Currently, I have a fairly complex application using word, autoit compiled exe's and vba. Various functions in my application shell to dos and run various autoit scripts that have been compiled into 'exe's. Calling a function in the autoitx dll has to be faster and cleaner.

I have been just told in the autoit forum about autoitx.

If I could just see sample code for autoitx and how to call it from vba I think I can run with it and figure out everything I need to do.

Let's say I want autoitx to get the name of a window to activate (from vba) and use "WinActivate" to activate it.

Thanks mucho

I have done extensive programming in vb vba and autoit. Currently, I have a fairly complex application using word, autoit compiled exe's and vba. Various functions in my application shell to dos and run various autoit scripts that have been compiled into 'exe's.

That's quite the CV, if only it included a five minute lesson on searching forums, you'd have started your scripting by now.

:)

Just done a quick search for VBA, and scores of threads popped up.

is just one of them to get you started.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Johnone,

I did that too, and the only hit is this thread, there are no others.

I just would like information on the basics, the "abc's" on just how to do this.

Any thread found does not show the entire process, just an extremely "zoomed" view to just one particular problem that someone is encountering.

When I found out about autoit I Started the code editor and then opened up the help interface. There I found all of the building blocks for autoit and information on how to run scripts .

I would like to see the same for autoitX.

I am desperately trying to figure out how to use the autoit dll functions.

So far i see that you need to dimension a variable , eg: Dim AutoIt As New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3

So doing that, how do I utilize the functions in the dll?

Would autoit.winactivate("Internet explorer","text in the window") activate Internet explorer??

If this is not correct , please let me know how.

Thanks

So

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoItX\ActiveXVBScript

is no help at all?

I have no idea about visual basic, but just assumed with your extensive work with it

you might have know how to initialize a com object.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

Topics merged, do not create multiple topics on the same question/subject.

Only verbal warning you'll get.

As far as your issue. John makes a very valid point.

1. Do you know how to create an object in VBA?

2. Did you look at the AutoItX.dll library calls in the AutoItX.chm ( found in the ..AutoIt3AutoItX directory )?

3. You ask questions like: "Will this work?" ... well, most of us use AutoIt directly, with zero need for something like VBA, we don't know, does it?

4. If something is not working, reference what you've done to try to make it work ( exact code ), reference where you got your idea from the AutoItX.chm, then ask your well thought out, specific to issue having, question.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Using AutoitX.dll in the vb.net

Register dll file in the system directory (c:windiwssystem32).

Dll file will auto add into the reference objectcom vb.net solusion.

2ways in the writting code is reference dll and using scriptting host

My Sample Script

Download: VistaDesktopIconsChangerForXp.au3 (Com,Doc and Bin only) http://www.4shared.com/rar/NMHYL5Igba/VistaDesktopIconsChangerForXp_.html

VistaDesktopIconsChangerForXp.exe (Resources) http://www.4shared.com/rar/nzs7Mb1gba/VistaDesktopIconsChangerForXp_.html