Including an Executable

Nunos

Planning to write a script to check if the internet is connected and if so download the newest version of a program to run it but if not run a version that I would like to include in the script once it is compiled. What would be the best way to accomplish this? I am unsure how I would include the program in the script and then check it to see if it is newer or older than the version on my server. I don't know alot about scripting but if someone can point me in a direction for how to setup the folder structure and how I can actually get the exe into my script I think I can make it happen. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

There are a few ways I know about, here's the way I know going from least complicated to most complicated..

1) FileInstall();

2) Include as string/binary string;

3) Include in application resources table

If you have don't have the ScitE4AutoIt3 but the original SciTE installation, grab it form here.

Install it, then open a script and type in "FileInstall" and click it and then click the F1 key, if you did it right, a window telling you how to use it will appear.

Follow instruction, use methods 2-3 when you know enough about AutoIt later on.

Edit: oh, and to run it, just fileinstall somewhere and use the function "Run()" to run it, preferably use Run(FileGetShortName("YOUR FILE PATH")) so that it doesn't fail...

Edited by FlutterShy