PenDrive Autorun

• Moderators

Hi, kayser2008. I'm sorry, but your request does not make a whole lot of sense. Can you please explain in greater detail what it is you're looking to accomplish? Based on your thread title, are you looking to automate copying a folder from/to a usb stick when you plug it in?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Excuse me if not well explained.

What I want is : I have a folder for example C: and I want to insert the USB be automatically overwrite the folder located at C: by teh folder that i have in my USB. witouth the use of keyboard or mouse.

Edited by kayser2008

• Moderators

Microsoft did a pretty good job of disabling the AutoRun feature beginning in Windows 7 (and released an update that did the same for older OSs IIRC), so I am unsure you'll be able to do this with pure AutoIt. The only application I have run into that can autorun a USB (since moving to Windows 7 at least) is USBDLM, which basically runs as a service and looks for any USB to be connected.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

If you want to plugin a USB and autorun a program from the USB all automated, then no it can't be done.

With any luck a window will popup and from there you can start your program manually.

In any other case the program has to be installed on the computer and already be running before you plugin the USB. The program could monitor any mount points and act accordingly if a new one gets added.

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

If you want to plugin a USB and autorun a program from the USB all automated, then no it can't be done.

With any luck a window will popup and from there you can start your program manually.

In any other case the program has to be installed on the computer and already be running before you plugin the USB. The program could monitor any mount points and act accordingly if a new one gets added.

i dont want run a program from the USB all i want is a way to replace a´folder that is on the HDD by the folder that i have on the USB by just plug a USB in to the PC.

i wose thinking that maybe the confirmation of the replacement of the folder can be done by the function MouseClick .

Edited by kayser2008

• Moderators

Yes it can be done.

There are scripts on this forum that can detect newly attached drives. Then you can check that drive for a hardware ID or an expected file. Upon detection your script can than run whatever function you want. Then you just let that program sit in your tray.

That is what both dany and I alluded to; whether through USBDLM or a script as dany pointed out. The point is; there needs to be something running on the machine prior to plugging in the usb, watching for it; you cannot enable autorun so you can take the USB from machine to machine.

Edited by JLogan3o13