New Installation Icon issues...

I have recently uninstalled AutoIt3 to install the latest version (cooler icons, ammong other reasons) but when i installed the latest AU3 (and rebooted 4 times) the old icons are still there...

I looked in Tools>Folder Options>File Types>(AU3)>Advanced>Change Icon.....

Heres where i'm stumped... when i click on "Change Icon" the only .ico in the box is the new one (the one i'm trying to set as default) i can't find the old icon file ANYWHERE....

So... I tried to change the .ico to something else... saved changes (the icons were different) and then when i tried to replace it with the same file copied as filetype0.ico

This worked... but why can't i seem to get rid of the mysterious filetype1.ico from the last version???? EVEN AFTER IT HAS BEEN REMOVED?

does anyone know:

a.) Where the .ico is being pulled from (cache?) and how to replace/obliterate it..

b.) Why the icons aren't converting to the new one... even when the file itself has been removed???

Thanks again folks..... not a real emergency, just baffles the crud out of me...

It is a cache type thing. Not sure where it stores the stuff, but Explorer does cache icons. There are a few options. If you have TweakUI you can go to the last entry (Repair) and choose 'Rebuild Icons'.

Alternatively, you can download this program, RebIC (Rebuild Icon Cache) from here. I have a shortcut to that in my Start Menu.

And lastly, I found this while searching for the location of RebIC. Barely skimmed it myself, but it might be useful.