ImageSearch Omitting Mouse Cursor?

Sub

Hi, I've been researching the <ImageSearch.au3> and how to use the _ImageSearch(), what I am seeing is that I cant seem to get it to detect the actual cursor itself. If the cursor is some kind of picture that I want to find, I cant create a script that will detect this picture. Does this actually omit the cursor itself from its search or would I just be doing it wrong? The cursor is not a normal windows cursor so I cant just check if the cursor has changed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I cant seem to find a topic here on the forums that can help me out. The only thing Ive seen is by creating some kind of transparent GUI so that pixelsearch can detect the mouse? Im not quite sure.

Edited by Sub

I didn't really understood what your problem is. You can't get the ImageSearch function to work and find an image?

If that's right then you haven't understand the UDF.

Post what have you tried that doesn't work. I have some examples i used to use with imagesearch so maybe i could help you

I feel nothing.It feels great.

I cant seem to get it to detect the actual cursor itself

The cursor itself is invisible to the imagesearch. I wasnt sure if there are any workarounds that might be lurking on these forums.

Edited by Sub

yes because it is ON the desktop not IN the desktop. Its not a part of the image and the function searches the desktop as an image.

It would find it if it was a picture though.

If your trying to follow ur mouse cursors then there are other ways to do it

Edit: There is also a way to find you mouse via ImageSearch but its a bit complicated.

If you want it let me know so i can work on it a bit

Edited by ileandros

I feel nothing.It feels great.

I've just found these forums via a google search - since this is something that I also want to do (if I read the OP right!)

I have a need to detect when the cursor icon changes, and then do something.

If there is another way to do this, then Id love to hear it!

yes because it is ON the desktop not IN the desktop. Its not a part of the image and the function searches the desktop as an image.

It would find it if it was a picture though.

If your trying to follow ur mouse cursors then there are other ways to do it

Edit: There is also a way to find you mouse via ImageSearch but its a bit complicated.

If you want it let me know so i can work on it a bit

I wouldnt want you to take the time to make something complicated yourself. Im sure theres something on these forums with the same topic I am interested in with people that have found a solution.

I see that if I use the <ScreenCapture.au3> that it can capture the mouse and I can make the region really small. Is there a way I can do some kind of image search on this screen capture file and maybe do it a couple times a second?

Edited by Sub