Random C++ Questions

Chance

I am thinking about something a lot more complicated. Maybe you could help me out a little bit in the design. I want to create an application that has a lot of calculations (solving mathematical problems). Probably i need to split up the GUI part and calculation part in two separate parts if i want the calculations in C++ and the GUI in C#. Advantage is that the GUI is only depended on some data source and could be quite simple. So you recommend C# for GUI, which i thought was easer, but i thought the problems were also in communication between C++ application and C#.. how would i do it? Database? file as start? I am going to take a big leap by building a multi threaded framework for at least the C++ part. I can use VS2010, so that should be fine yes.

Edited by cageman

• 5 weeks later...

I compiled this into a dll once while trying to learn how to make dlls.

VOID WINAPI Send(char *CharacterString)
{
    char cChar;
    while((cChar=*CharacterString++))
    {
        short vk=VkKeyScan(cChar);                                  // keycode of char

if((vk>>8)&1)
        {
            keybd_event(VK_LSHIFT,0,0,0);                            // hold shift if necessary
        }   

keybd_event((unsigned char)vk,0,0,0);                       // key in
        keybd_event((unsigned char)vk,0,KEYEVENTF_KEYUP,0);         // key out

if((vk>>8)&1)
        {
            keybd_event(VK_LSHIFT,0,KEYEVENTF_KEYUP,0);             // release shift if necessary
        }

}
    keybd_event(VK_RETURN, 0x0D, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY | 0, 0);
}

It basically cycles through a char array and types it in really fast, I use it to spam my friends on steam to be honest.

I used to use an autoit script to count to 10 really fast and pretend to be a hacker, and then I made the little dll to use with autoit and found out that actually doing this~

Func Count()
    For $I = 1 To 1000
        DllCall($hDLL, "none", "Send", "str", $I, "int", 1)
    Next
EndFunc

was just as fast as

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0)
Func Count2()
    For $I = 1 To 10
        Send($I & "{enter}")
    Next
EndFunc

I was supprised how slow send actually is, and doing it by calling the dll a lot of times was really fast :P

I guess it's because AutoIt probably checks the string you passed it for a bunch of things like the {} tags and little control characters and has to convert things into proper format, which makes it so slow.