New To AutoIT

Mad03

Hi All,

I am new to AutoIt. I am in Automation Testing. Can Any one Answer(or navigate) me for the below questions.

1)How to do the automate testing using AutoIt?

2)How to click the particular object using Mouse(Without keyboard actions)?

3)How to Identify the objects in the application?

4)How to do the check points?

You should be a bit more specific, choose a particular application you are testing

and refer to that alone while you find your footing, question is too broad to answer

with anything helpful really.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

From what i read an automative tester writes his own scripts, so i find it odd that your asking "how would i do this?" when autoit is a very simple language (im learning and think its easier than others that ive tried) also if you checked the help file you would find out the answers to your questions like how to click an object, how to find the objects ids and how to perform checks and error logs. You could even check Youtube for answers as ther are tutorials on there by autoit users.

Do you use a framework like "selenium" or do you want to write all automation tests using AutoIt?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Then we need to know which kind of application you want to automate. Web Applications, Windows GUIs, Java ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Then you need the Window Info Tool that comes with AutoIt to get the ControlID of the control you want to automate.

Have a look at the help file. The Control* functions will do what you need.

The tutorials in the wiki are a good place to start learning AutoIt.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki