Interest in this idea?

Frozenyam

:dance:

I was thinking of creating a script that will hold information in a database of programs to run and what to do to these programs with the possible ability to put certain ones on standby and call them later. I was wondering if this would be beneficial to someone else. It doesn't help me out really, but it might be usefull to one of you.

I was thinking that the information would be saved in a .ini file for easy transfer from one computer to another down the road, or even for sharing with others.

Feedback would be appreciated. :whistle:

"... and the Lord said to John, "Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life," but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

Have a look at my "Selective Launcher" script:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12546

I think it does what you're asking.

I use it in a few different places, when I have to run different combinations of programs (or batch files) based on what I'm trying to do.

I tried the zip at the link you supplied and was unable to get the script running. Maybe there was something I missed. Anyway, it would seem as though your script runs everything through use of a .ini file, or so it seemed (like I said, I couldn't actually get it running). I was thinking more, of creating a table that contained three columns; Files, Functions and Parameters.

In the files column is where you would put the program you wish to run.

In the Functions column is where you would to be applied to the files. Functions that I would define as to do certain things like get some text or send some text.

The parameters section would contain the information to send to the functions which would in turn affect the files.

I really didn't think it too FAR through :whistle:

But it was going to be something of that nature. Things would probably change along the way, bu the idea would try to stay the same throughout.

"... and the Lord said to John, "Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life," but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

I tried the zip at the link you supplied and was unable to get the script running. Maybe there was something I missed.

What problem did you have? No one else complained in the other thread, and it has 122 downloads as of right now. I just downloaded it myself and it runs fine. What error/problem are you having?

Anyway, it would seem as though your script runs everything through use of a .ini file, or so it seemed (like I said, I couldn't actually get it running). I was thinking more, of creating a table that contained three columns; Files, Functions and Parameters.

I originally was using a flat CSV style file to hold my info, but that format was just too limited, not to mention that the delimiter character would always be a problem. I went with INI because it was just so much more flexable and easier to work with.