pixel search help

TheKromz

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/PixelSearch.htm

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/keywords/While.htm

Oh ... and

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum-2/announcement-15-forum-rules-7-nov-2012/

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

• Developers

What have you tried first before asking your question?

I hope your goal isn't that we make it for you.

Start reading and searching and come back when you tried something that doesn't work.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i,m not allowed to use the private messaging system.(this is last post i can make till tomorrow so help would be appreciated thanks)

Why not put the time to good use and read the help file. With all the fun examples and what-not, you just might not need to come back for help.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

@Kromz - i never sent you code, i told you to look at how to write it.

@John - read above

@Blue - I only sent you code and i would like less of the language and accusations, i also suggest you read your pm and learn that you can break out of an infinite loop! Though i will admit im still learning and the code is NOT working as i fully intended because i dont play with pixelsearches and had to modify my original code which works with image searching. Oh and yes that uses and infinite loop and finds a result, what is it you said again? *facepalm*

I would try and fix my code so it worked as i intended but after seeing your maturity i see no point, but i do advice you look over it and learn you can break out of an infinite loop, infact why dont you even ask here on these forums? ;)

Update:

I got bored and decided i would work on getting my code to work as i originally intended and i have succeeded and replaced my While loop with a Do, Until loop.

Reviews of code.

Blue_Drache:

His code works instantly and after 5.1 seconds it dies saying "Not found!".

My original code (one quick test):

Could of worked similar to blues with an instant find i had the first color as green to avoid that and then move onto the timed version though which looked for the pixel after 5 seconds, the theory of the while loop was to make it look for the pixel again if it was not found, this is where it failed but works with image searching like i said ive NEVER used pixel searching before.

My new code (done a few tries with 1 second and 5seconds):

Code sleeps for x seconds and then performs the search of cause the time can be changed to make the search as fast as possible because its and infinite loop, once the pixel has been found it does the required actions in this case a MsgBox with the coords and also move the mouse there.

Edited by Gotemp