Keylogger Posts

Jon

And you still did not answer my question. 

O.K. what word is it you don't understand in the following sentence?: "...maybe because this is an open discussion board"

If the post is to someone else why take such offense?

Not at all. But if someone behaves very childish and on the other hand asks people to act like an adult, I feel that I should

But what is your connection to valik?

None. I don't even know him.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I've spent way too much time with this!  I was not planning to post any code about keyloggers and now that I have been insultingly set straight by you people I withdraw!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW: You don't answer my questions? How old are you? 11, maybe 12?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

aaron,

You are making a fool out of yourself (like I do a lot, but I'm trying to stop :whistle:) ... You have no game in this post, if you think AHK is better, go ahead and use it, because that will be one less asshole for this board and one more for AHK's.

Thanks, bye.

EDIT: Sorry to get involved, it's just kind of annoying.

Edited by layer
FootbaG

And I should answer your questions because you answer mine...right!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

read aaron, just READ....

Cheers

Kurt

this should've been locked b4 u ppl et all had a chance to flame eachother over it. its not like anything u saywill change Jons mind and bickering over it whether u b 12 or mature enuf to think someones acting 12 u should realize that saying ludicrios/hurtful things towards ppl will probably prevent that person from helping u in the future.. not that Valik and dev\null are like autoit Gods but they know there fair share and i for 1 would not want my post's to insult them and then have my future posts ignored by someone i veiw as being decent in the craft of autoit. so maybe we can keeps our fingers from typing anymore and just go about our business.

cheers

Ryan

Edited by WSCPorts
http://www.myclanhosting.com/defiasVisit Join and contribute to a soon to be leader in Custumized tools development in [C# .Net 1.1 ~ 2.0/C/C++/MFC/AutoIt3/Masm32]

At least a reply that is not insulting!

Aaron, YOU are complaining about insulting posts, while on the other hand you compare members of the forum with Hitler? I think what you need is some better education!!!

As you demanded: Act like an adult (if only you were one!).

Cheers

Kurt

• Developers

Jon, guess this topic need to be closed soon unless you want a lengthy BS discussion as a sticky....  :dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

44 (+ 2) and counting ... :whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

44 (+ 2) and counting  ...  :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would not mind if Jon deletes all posts, except the first one.

EDIT: Btw. this one was the last one from myself :dance:

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

I agree with Jon about keyloggers, though don't think that prohibition will give big effect. But it his forum and his right to set rule, like you that or not.

You know, that really discourages newbies from supporting this board or AutoIT for that fact!

Unfortunately, this is have big piece of truth... I don't like AHK with their horrible syntax mixture, and not plan to use it in any case, but I should agree, that it's forum more tolerate to newbies, even when they are ask stupid questions. We all sometime was newbies and asking stupid questions, and we all made mistakes, when get into the way on the forum. Only if newbie not understand or not accept rules and continue to annoy members (we all know such examples... ) it's time to act.

I usually follow those flame threads, but not reply to them - it's useless (heh, not totally - plus one post :dance: ). I want not to defend aarondellis, or denounce sim, or support Valik, this not matter. I just want to say, that we should be more tolerate to newbies. Not need to make elephant from the fly. I'm worry about weather on the forum last time...

Sorry for OT. Now you can continue... :whistle:

• Developers

I just want to say, that we should be more tolerate to newbies. Not need to make elephant from the fly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It s not really that bad in general, not like it was several months ago, but agree that newbee's should be given some slack ...

On the other hand: This is Jon's project and I don't know him as being a Control freak, so when a request is posted like this, there is a REAL reason and it should be respected.....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes, I'm in agreement with the mentioned things (Lazycat and JdeB).

Also I agree, to the questions that make the new guys in the forum (is inevitable in certain way). And yes, really the way to do questions/replies that can bother to some of us, that have more time in the forum.

Obviously, the main point is the Jon's warning and the Keyloggers in the forum.

About this, I only can say that the described thing by Jon is very clear and very obvious.

At least for me, simply, Jon or the moderators would have to act if such warnings are not respected.

I personally am not unfriendly toward the notion that impatient noobs are driven to AHK. I like the caliber of people here and am not impressed with popularity. I prefer quality to quantity, since the latter is a product of the former.

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Larry does a pretty good job of summing up how I feel, too. I don't necessarily have a problem with somebody asking a question (Contrary to what you all think) as long there is some evidence that they aren't out for a free ride. By and large, I can tell from the first post or two or often times just from the thread title whether or not a person will amount to anything more than a nuisance. Its not necessary to have a computer science degree but I do think it mandatory that basic computer literacy, a small measure of common sense combined and rudimentary logic skills are necessary or the person is just wasting every bodies time.

Remember this, too. As a general rule, a thread should have no more than 3 or 4 posts from the original poster. If it requires more than that to get the comprehension (or attempt there-of), then whomever is unlucky enough to be corresponding is just having an exercise in futility. If a person can't glean the comprehension necessary within the first half dozen posts, they are very unlikely to ever "get it".

I am not one of those people that will talk sweet to the world's worst at something telling them how good they are. If somebody is not good at something, I will not give them false praise. Programming is something that requires some level of natural talent in addition to intelligence to be good at. Some people can't do it at all; some people have more talent than brains or more brains than talent and can pass by; some are proficient enough to do well; some excel at the subject.

What is more important to have around, a single Larry or a dozen aarondellis'?

A single Larry :whistle:.

Though I have been absent from posting for a small time period I still try to keep up with the latest beta's and discussions. I revisisted the 'Scripts and Scraps' forum to see a new sticky, this one. I have read all 4 pages of it, every post, every word. I thought I might leave my own opinion.

• Jon has done the right thing by not replying to this sticky, except for creating it.
  • I agree with Jdeb. It should have been locked, as he predicted, but its too late for that now.
  • I remember when the keylogger's first starting appearing. Everyone seemed to have an input of new ways of doing it, speed etc etc. The keylogger fad seemed to die down but there were still the small occurances, and obviously, since my 'holiday', it seems to have resurfaced and stirred a fuss.
  • I believe that the only people that have a problem with this probation, ie. aarondellis, are the people who lack the brain capacity and skills to build their own keyloggers in privacy and need to rely on the support of the AutoIt community to do it for them.
This is directed at aarondellis. Did it ever occur to you that Jon has more common sense then to reply to a stupid post by you? What is this, "the question wasn't directed at you"? Perhaps if you let your brain do the typing, and not your fingers, you would realise that Jon is a busy man and often doesn't have time to respond to every post directed at him. When this is the case it is usually a developer (who contributes greatly, such as Valik) to answer if Jon is unavailable for comment.

With that said, what Jon says goes. Jon's forum, Jon's rules. If you want to make your own keylogger, don't involve the AutoIt community or the AutoIt forums, or better yet, go join another forum where they tolerate this type of crap. Lastly, if your going to have a cry about banning keyloggers, cry somewhere else :dance:.

Edited by Burrup

qq

Yea, just quit gettin' at it. Like Valik said, you wouldn't want one of us to come spitting in your home. Obviously you don't want us to so the house is clean. Jon wants minimum talk of keyloggers, to keep this place clean. Simple :whistle:

FootbaG

What is more important to have around, a single Larry or a dozen aarondellis'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends if i need help painting the house.

:whistle:

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

• Administrators

Wah. I thought I had closed this post when I stickied it and have just found 3 pages of replies :">

As summed up, I don't have any particular problem with what anyone choses to do with AutoIt (although evil uses upset me somewhat) but the keylogger stuff has a tendency to bite us in the ass when AV and Spyware software wipes all traces of AutoIt from a users disk. This hurts everyone. So I'm just asking politely to not post "omg! l33t keyloggerz here" scripts that cause us PR problems.

*click*

Edited by Jon