Internet Explorer _IECreate failing

storme

G'day all

Just haveing a little problem that has stopped me in my tracks.

I'm trying to use _IECreate to open a browser abd keep getting an error code 1 "1 ($_IEStatus_GeneralError) = General Error"

I looked into the UDF and it isn't creating the Internet explorer Object.

I'm on a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer with IE 8.

I put together this little tester together to isolate the fault but it's hasn't given me a lot of help.

#include <IE.au3>

ConsoleWrite("Start ObjCreate shell.application @error = " & @error [email="&@cr"]&@cr[/email])
Local $oShell = ObjCreate("shell.application") ; Get the Windows Shell Object
If @error Then
 $error = @error
 MsgBox(0, "ERROR ObjCreate shell.application", $error)
 ConsoleWrite("ERROR ObjCreate shell.application @error = " & $error [email="&@cr"]&@cr[/email])
EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Start ObjCreate InternetExplorer.Application @error = " & @error [email="&@cr"]&@cr[/email])
Local $o_object = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
If @error Then
 $error = @error
 MsgBox(0, "ERROR ObjCreate InternetExplorer.Application", $error)
 ConsoleWrite("ERROR ObjCreate InternetExplorer.Application @error = " & $error [email="&@cr"]&@cr[/email])
EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Start _IECreate @error = " & @error [email="&@cr"]&@cr[/email])
Local $oIE = _IECreate("[url="http://www.autoitscript.com"]www.autoitscript.com[/url]")
If @error Then
 $error = @error
 MsgBox(0, "ERROR _IECreate", $error)
 ConsoleWrite("ERROR _IECreate @error = " & $error [email="&@cr"]&@cr[/email])
EndIf

The output is

Start ObjCreate shell.application @error = 0

Start ObjCreate InternetExplorer.Application @error = 0
ERROR ObjCreate InternetExplorer.Application @error = -2147023706

Start _IECreate @error = 0
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IECreate (Browser Object Creation Failed)
ERROR _IECreate @error = 1

I do have IE installed and it's working perfectly for me as a browser. Just not from Autoit.

I'm hoping someone has run into this before adn knows a solution.

Thanks for any assistance!!

John Morrison

This is most often caused by a zombie iexplore process running on your system. Try killing all iexplore processes or logging out or rebooting.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

This is most often caused by a zombie iexplore process running on your system. Try killing all iexplore processes or logging out or rebooting.

Dale

Thanks Dale!

I tired IE repairs, resets, etc etc and nothing was working.

I never even thought to look for "Zombie" IE preocesses.

I should have as they seem to be a problem that is getting wore on this computer. :(

Any idea wha causes these?

Thanks again. I cen get back to the original script now. :)

Probably caused by debugging script, and you don't get to the line that performs _iequit...can leave processes open, that may be hidden. That's my experience with the 'zombies'

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

• 2 months later...

Probably caused by debugging script, and you don't get to the line that performs _iequit...can leave processes open, that may be hidden. That's my experience with the 'zombies'

So how to make it work?

if there any way to detect if its opened or closed