Toggling the Language Bar

vvb

Hi All,

I want to toggle the language bar so that it is hidden. I have used the _SendMessage method to toggle the quick launch using $WM_USER + 237. However, I have not found a way to do it for the language bar. I have been modifying the regedit, however this requires login out and in to see the change. Anyone know of a way to do it via _SendMessage?

Kind Regards,

Vlad

I'll be AutoIting my entire system soon.

Doing a little research its possible to disable like this

.: Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftCTFLangBar]

.: If LangBar key doesn’t exist, create it

.: Inside LangBar create a new DWORD called “ShowStatus"

.: Set the ShowStatus value to 3

Mine was set to 4 and i changed to 3 logged out and back in and it was gone but.. if you right click the taskbar it was still ticked

Or maybe something like this with some does it exist checks

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftCTFLangBar', 'ShowStatus', 'REG_DWORD', 3)

rechecked after a reboot and it appears to be disabled but test to be sure

Edited by Chimaera

Doing a little research its possible to disable like this

Mine was set to 4 and i changed to 3 logged out and back in and it was gone but.. if you right click the taskbar it was still ticked

Or maybe something like this with some does it exist checks

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftCTFLangBar', 'ShowStatus', 'REG_DWORD', 3)

rechecked after a reboot and it appears to be disabled but test to be sure

Hi,

As mentioned in my original post, I already do that as well as disabling the run task. However, it requires a logout/in to see the changes. I want to be able to see the change straight away like using the _SendMessage(...) method for the quick launch bar. Anyone know the wm_command message number for toggling the language bar?

KInd Regards,

Vlad

I'll be AutoIting my entire system soon.

Look at WinAPIEx for the function LoadKeyboardLayout

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018