Windows 8 and WinWaitActive

iForce0

I have seen a few posts about this from long ago, but none seem to offer a solution.

After migrating to Windows 8, the WinWaitActive function stopped functioning. I am using the same paths, same files, and I have tried using the title as well as different "visible text" words. Is this something that will be addressed in the next update?

As I understand it, the problem has to do with the way that Windows 8 sees and processes files, folders, and applications. If there is another way to get my scripts to work in a similar way, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

• Developers

Migrated from Win7 or WinXP?

Anyway, post a short script with for example notepad that demonstrates your issue in Win8.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Here is an example:

WinWaitActive ("WindowTitle", "Some visible text");
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Send ("{F7}");
Sleep (400);
Send ("{F12}");
Sleep (400);
Send ("{F12}");
Sleep (400);
MouseClick("left", 937, 562)
Sleep (200)
MouseClick("left", 795, 540)
sleep (200)
MouseClick("left", 893, 515)
Sleep (800)
MouseClick("left", 1174, 165)
Sleep (200)

runwait('wscript.exe "C:UsersuserDesktopScriptsrandom.vbs"', @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)

Func Terminate()
Exit
EndFunc

The only thing that has changed is the migration to Windows 8 x86. I have used the exact same scripts on Windows 7 and Windows XP x64. I don't see any reason why the migration from 64bit to 32bit would make any difference, so the only thing that I can see as having an impact is Windows 8. The window is opened and this script is ran from a .vbs which works perfectly. The only problem is that the autoit script stays paused and does not run when "Window title" with "Visible text" comes up. The scripts were copied from a working computer to a Windows 8 machine with the exact same computer and user names (so the same path as on Windows 7).

Thanks again for the help. Has anyone else experienced something similar (or different) in Windows 8? Has anyone gotten WinWaitActive to work with Windows 8 x64? Am I just missing something?

I figured it out. The solution was one of the following things that I did:

-Changed the properties of the script to run as administrator

-Set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7

Not really sure which did it, but things are going very well now. Thank you all for the help.