Wallpaper script install

noobish

I am pain in the a$$ i know it :( , but this script i'm not able to make it work, i want just a script compiled to exe, and when i executed to install a wallpaper.

$Wallpaper = "...\blabla.jpg" ; for example
$Stile = "Fit" ; yeah .. fit should say enough
Select
Case $Stile="Center"
$Stile="0"
$Stile2="0"
Case $Stile="Fit"
$Stile="1"
$Stile2="0"
Case $Stile="Stretch"
$Stile="2"
$Stile2="0"
Case $Stile="Fill"
$Stile="-1"
$Stile2="0"
Case $Stile="Tile"
$Stile="0"
$Stile2="1"
EndSelect

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", $Stile)
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "TileWallpaper", "REG_SZ", $Stile2)
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo","uint",20,"uint",0,"str",$Wallpaper,"uint",3)

• Moderators

Something like this should get you started:

$oShell = ObjCreate("WScript.Shell")
$oFSO = ObjCreate("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
$Wallpaper = @DesktopDir & "1.bmp"

$oShell.RegWrite("HKCUControl PanelDesktopWallpaper", $WallPaper)
$oShell.RegWrite("HKCUControl PanelDesktopWallpaperStyle", "2")
$oShell.Run("%windir%System32RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters", 1, True)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

My mistake people sorry,which one is the @DesktopDir

EDIT*Sorry people i'm tatally burned,i found the problem,is in my head

Thank you all, God bless you all

Everything works great, i appreciate your assistance, you are just great

Edited by noobish

No, look at RegRead in the help file on how to write to the 64-bit registry values.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 9 months later...

hmm,sorry i'm back,how to do this script to use a jpeg or png image.

If it can help you, I found a PowerShell script that call the user32.dll to do that, and I converted it into an AutoIt script, example :

$wallpaper = "C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Nature\Natural-scenery-of-the-Canadian-forest-lake_1920x1200.jpg"

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo","int",20,"int",0,"str",$wallpaper,"int",0x01)

With that code, a simple JPG wallpaper can be set, without rebooting computer.

If it can help you, I found a PowerShell script that call the user32.dll to do that, and I converted it into an AutoIt script, example :

$wallpaper = "C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Nature\Natural-scenery-of-the-Canadian-forest-lake_1920x1200.jpg"

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo","int",20,"int",0,"str",$wallpaper,"int",0x01)

With that code, a simple JPG wallpaper can be set, without rebooting computer.

Mmmm, thanks for sharing that.

I don't recall anyone here ever coming across that before and posting about it?

Hopefully it works for XP.

There are many wallpaper programs here, most of which use third party stuff, but a few used a DLL call for bmp (only).

Looks like I have a program of mine to update a little now, which may well be easier than how I was gonna do it.

P.S. My program uses the DLL call, but IrfanView command-line for jpegs.

EDIT

Now that I've said that, people are sure to find plenty of instances I missed.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Mmmm, thanks for sharing that.

I don't recall anyone here ever coming across that before and posting about it?

It's been documented in the Example section already.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

It's been documented in the Example section already.

That figures, and it's not like I've been actively looking for a solution, just occasionally keep tabs on what catches my eye there, so not really surprising I missed it ... or if it was a while back, and non XP was mentioned then I may have just not retained it.

In fact, it works only with Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1

Damn, I should have known it was too good to be true, and checked back here sooner.

Now I've pulled my program (SetAs Wallpaper) out of storage for nothing ... maybe.

I don't even have it installed on my Laptop (XP) or Netbook (Win7).

Last time I updated the program, was back in September 2009, when my Main Desktop was still working, and it was used to great effect there. It's odd to think, that I've stayed with the same boring Crystal.jpg background on my Laptop for years now (never meant to be my main PC replacement, but using it with it's keyboard, mouse and monitor now).

On my Desktop, the background changed every second day and more often if a Birthday was set. Haven't needed a program on the Netbook, as the program I used to overcome the Starter Edition restriction also changes the background every day for me.

My old Desktop still runs my program, but I don't use it that much ... mainly just for burning and ripping.

Oh well, perhaps I'll look into my original intention (GDIPlus .... jpg to bmp on the fly ... if I remember rightly).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Actually, now that I've checked my code, that's the same DllCall as I'm using for bmp, except my last parameter is 0 not 0x01

So I guess it just works differently after XP, and I knew after all.

Funny how often I find myself working on a program update, where it's the same month, but different year to last one. In this case, September four years ago.

Spoiler

userbar.png