Open a Tray Icon?

:whistle: I tried searching the forum and the Help directory on this, but I am baffled. I have a program that starts as a tray icon which must manually be opened. My tray icons move periodically, so I cant mouseclick on the small icon to open it. It won't open with @SW_MAXIMIZE or any winsetstate commands. Can anyone help me do this? The program is called "EASY MESSAGE". I just have a hotkey command that I want to open it with and send quicky messages automatically. thanxs

#Include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon
HotKeySet("{Home}", "_Show")

Opt ("TrayMenuMode", 1)  ; Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.

$settingsitem = TrayCreateMenu("Settings")
$displayitem = TrayCreateItem("Display", $settingsitem)
$printeritem = TrayCreateItem("Printer", $settingsitem)
TrayCreateItem("")
$aboutitem = TrayCreateItem("About")
TrayCreateItem("")
$exititem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")

$gui = GUICreate("Background", 800, 300)
; background picture
$background = GUICtrlCreatePic("demo-bg.jpg", 0, 0, 800, 300)

; transparent child window
$pic = GUICreate("", 14, 80, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED + $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $gui)
; transparent pic
$basti_stay = GUICtrlCreatePic("l_st.gif", 0, 0, 14, 80)

TraySetState()

While 1
    $msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = 0
            ContinueLoop
        Case $msg = $aboutitem
            MsgBox(64, "About:", "AutoIt3-Tray-sample")
        Case $msg = $exititem
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

Exit

Func _Show()
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui)
; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    While 1
        $msg2 = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg2 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
        EndSelect
    WEnd
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui)
EndFunc  ;==>_Show

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

#Include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon
HotKeySet("{Home}", "_Show")

Opt ("TrayMenuMode", 1) ; Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.

$settingsitem = TrayCreateMenu("Settings")
$displayitem = TrayCreateItem("Display", $settingsitem)
$printeritem = TrayCreateItem("Printer", $settingsitem)
TrayCreateItem("")
$aboutitem = TrayCreateItem("About")
TrayCreateItem("")
$exititem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")

$gui = GUICreate("Background", 800, 300)
; background picture
$background = GUICtrlCreatePic("demo-bg.jpg", 0, 0, 800, 300)

; transparent child window
$pic = GUICreate("", 14, 80, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED + $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $gui)
; transparent pic
$basti_stay = GUICtrlCreatePic("l_st.gif", 0, 0, 14, 80)

TraySetState()

While 1
    $msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = 0
            ContinueLoop
        Case $msg = $aboutitem
            MsgBox(64, "About:", "AutoIt3-Tray-sample")
        Case $msg = $exititem
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

Exit

Func _Show()
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui)
; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    While 1
        $msg2 = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg2 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
        EndSelect
    WEnd
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui)
EndFunc ;==>_Show

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:whistle: thanks for the info..i will try now. I am still learning

:whistle: I tried the systray_udf.au3 as you recommended...just getting an UNKNOWN FUNCTION NAME IN LINE 71 ..If $info[$i] = HWnd($var[$j][1]) Then..

i am using recent beta release of two days ago.  can I ask more help or should I contact Taupe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would be best to contact Tuape. I only suggested this as it helped me fix a problem that I had.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

:whistle: got it now..thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there was a change in 3.1.66 which made me have to change the code a bit. Unfortunately it doesn't work with earlier versions any more. If you need a version that works with earlier betas, I can PM it to you.

It seems that you got it working though.

Yes, there was a change in 3.1.66 which made me have to change the code a bit. Unfortunately it doesn't work with earlier versions any more. If you need a version that works with earlier betas, I can PM it to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, it was quite helpful. it will stay in my utility folder as a useful tool :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still wish you would provide me with an example of what worked before but what does not work now (Simple as possible). I'm not convinced without seeing proof that anything should of been broken (Aside from what I intentionally broke). Please show me a small example of what was working before and what does not work now. Yes, I know I made changes in this area, but without seeing the code you had, I don't know if these changes are in fact a regression. I would like to be sure, at least.

I still wish you would provide me with an example of what worked before but what does not work now (Simple as possible).  I'm not convinced without seeing proof that anything should of been broken (Aside from what I intentionally broke).  Please show me a small example of what was working before and what does not work now.  Yes, I know I made changes in this area, but without seeing the code you had, I don't know if these changes are in fact a regression.  I would like to be sure, at least.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you have to take a look at the rest of the code. Anyway, prior .66 I did compare handles returned by dllcall to ones returned by WinList() like this:

$var = WinList()
    For $i = 0 to $max-1
        For $j = 1 to $var[0][0]
            If $info[$i] = Dec($var[$j][1]) Then

$info[$i] contains handle from DllStruct ("dword[2]").

It stopped working on .66 when hWnd() was introduced. To fix that I just needed to change Dec() to Hwnd().

I'm not saying something was broken, I'm just saying things did work differently.

I think you have to take a look at the rest of the code. Anyway, prior .66 I did compare handles returned by dllcall to ones returned by WinList() like this:

$var = WinList()
    For $i = 0 to $max-1
        For $j = 1 to $var[0][0]
            If $info[$i] = Dec($var[$j][1]) Then

$info[$i] contains handle from DllStruct ("dword[2]").

It stopped working on .66 when hWnd() was introduced. To fix that I just needed to change Dec() to Hwnd().

I'm not saying something was broken, I'm just saying things did work differently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh! Yes, that was broken intentionally. However, it is a bug, IMO, that Dec can't handle a text string in the form "0x0000" but only accepts "0000".

Actually, the bug is in my HWND code somewhere and how its treated as a string. There is a significantly larger issue at hand than just being unable to use Dec(). Your code should of worked (Without change) and I thought as much. There is something else amiss that I will have to figure out.

Edited by Valik