Change Input Background

grimmlock

Good afternoon

I am sure that this question has been asked and answered however I have been searching for the past several hours and have yet to come across the answer that I need.

Here is the code I created

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Main()

Func Main()

GUICreate("Ping", 200, 100) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

Local $Hostname1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 60, 15, 125)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xffffff)
Local $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Host 1: ", 10, 18, 50)
local $Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ping", 80, 65, 100)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Button_1
Ping(GUICtrlRead($Hostname1), 250)

local $var = Ping(GUICtrlRead($Hostname1), 250)

If $var Then
MsgBox(0, "Ping", "Pinging... " & " roundtrip was " & $var & " ms")
GUICtrlSetBkColor($Hostname1, 0x00ff00)
GUICtrlSetColor ($Hostname1, 0x000000)
Else
MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($Hostname1, 0)
GUICtrlSetColor ($Hostname1, 0xffffff)

EndIf

EndSwitch

WEnd

EndFunc

What I was hoping to do is be able return the $var and not only change the color of the background of the Input box but also (in the input box) ping time.

Thanks

Grimm

Thanks

Grimm

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by...

What I was hoping to do is be able return the $var and not only change the color of the background of the Input box but also (in the input box) ping time.

What are you trying to achieve that you haven't been able to? Because your code changes the back ground color of the input box to either black or green depending upon the return from the ping.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

it works as expected

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

grimmlock,

This may be what you are looking for.

Main()

Func Main()

GUICreate("Ping", 200, 100) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

Local $Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ping", 80, 65, 100)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
            Case $Button_1
                Ping(GUICtrlRead($Hostname1), 250)

Local $var = Ping(GUICtrlRead($Hostname1), 250)

If $var Then
                    ;MsgBox(0, "Ping", "Pinging... " & " roundtrip was " & $var & " ms")
                    guictrlsetdata($Hostname1,'Round Trip = ' & $var & ' sec')
                    GUICtrlSetColor($Hostname1, 0x000000)
                Else
                    MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error)
                    GUICtrlSetColor($Hostname1, 0xffffff)

EndIf

EndSwitch

WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>Main

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

grimmlock,

Changed the code slightly. I do not understand why ping returns a 0 the first time you click the button with a blank input box. Subsequent clicks on a blank input box generate an error, as expected.

Main()

Func Main()

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
            Case $Button_1

local $saveerr = @error

If $var > 0 Then
                    guictrlsetdata($Hostname1,'Round Trip = ' & $var & ' ms')
                Else
                    GUICtrlSetData($Hostname1,"Send error = " & $saveerr)

EndIf

EndSwitch

WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>Main

kylomas

edit: additional info - If I add a space in the inputbox definition it works as expected.

edit2: NVM - ran ping from a cmd console with host = "". It looks like it defaults to whatever host it is running on.

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I do not understand why ping returns a 0 the first time you click the button with a blank input box.

It doesn't. I entered google.com and it worked first time. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

guiness,

Entering goole.com is not a blank input box...see my updates

kylomas

Whoops, read it wrong. Sorry.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

grimmlock,

Changed the code slightly. I do not understand why ping returns a 0 the first time you click the button with a blank input box. Subsequent clicks on a blank input box generate an error, as expected.

Main()

Func Main()

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Button_1

local $saveerr = @error

If $var > 0 Then
guictrlsetdata($Hostname1,'Round Trip = ' & $var & ' ms')
Else
GUICtrlSetData($Hostname1,"Send error = " & $saveerr)

EndIf

EndSwitch

WEnd

EndFunc ;==>Main

kylomas

edit: additional info - If I add a space in the inputbox definition it works as expected.

edit2: NVM - ran ping from a cmd console with host = "". It looks like it defaults to whatever host it is running on.

Thank you this is what I was looking for =)

Grimm

Thanks

Grimm