Interacting with a local and virtual machine

Gumma

I've been ruminating on the solution to this problem... but I can't figure out how to do this. Here's the deal:

A random user logs into a VMWare pool. The pool spawns a computer with a random name. I want the user to be able to be able to run the script on the computer in VMWare, and then send data and/or a command back to their "local" computer (they're running VMWare from full computers not thin clients). I've completed both the virtual and "local" script for this project, I just haven't seemed to connect the dots.

How do I get the program that is executed on the VMWare computer to know where to send the data? Users may be logging in from different computers, so the computer names/IP addresses may or may not be constant for the local machine or the virtual computer. I should also note that it's possible that there may be multiple users on multiple computers attempting to do this simultaneously. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

first,,, test ur client and server in same computer without using vmware.

if ok,,, test it in multiple computer or using vmware.

if not ok,,, its connection problem for sure... check your vmware network type,,, also check your firewall...

if still not ok,,, are u sure thats a client-server app?!

cheer :)

• Moderators

You could also try posting your script, rather than having us guess at what you're trying to do ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!