Automate InstallShield Installation

Hi,

My purpose is to automate of a product build with installshield.

If I use timers it works but there is not really any control on the window the scritpt is working on.

that's why I wanted ti use the function winwaitactive to be sure that we are on the right window.

I tested it with notepad and it was ok.

I wrote this:

winactivate ("untitled","")
winwaitactive ("[CLASS:notepad]", "toto")
msgbox (0,"test", "test window")

and the message box appear only if toto is written in notepad.

Now in the installshield process it does not work and I don't know why:

this is the code:

winactivate ( "Server installation", "")
winwaitactive ("[CLASS:edit; INSTANCE:1]","")
send ("toto")

to be sure to check the right window I used AutoIt Windows Info and this is what I got:

>>>> Window <<<<
Title: Server Installation
bla
bla
bla

>>>> Control <<<<
Class: Edit
Instance: 1
bla
bla

So I guess I'm on the right window, any idea why my installshield is not right detected by AutoIt 3?

thx bye advance for yoru help.

Processor.

Can't you use command line switches to install the product?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Being an InstallShield product, even if it is a setup.exe it likely has an MSI packed inside. You should be able to extract the MSI, and this opens up a bevy of command line options.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

@Raviraj  do you realize this is a 5 year old post, that had already been resolved? Please do not resurrect old threads.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!