SciTE small gripe / Save au3 extension by default

Just a small gripe with scite.

When saving a script, I have to manually type the filename with an .au3 extension.

If i forget to do this, the file is saved without an extension.

Then have to repeat the process and add the .au3 part.

Any option or setting i can change in the parameter file to change this behaviour??

Flame Suit on!

Thank you

HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

• Developers

Don't know how to make it Default to AU3 when a new file is changed... suggestions are welcome .. :whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

would it be source.default.extensions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think thats use when opening a file:

If the file name contains no extension, the property "source.default.extensions" is used to provide default extensions to attempt to match the file name to an existing file.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This is one of the few remaining annoyances I have with SciTE. Fortunately for me, I almost never create a file from within SciTE but I know that I grow annoyed on the times I do because of this (lack of) feature. I'm surprised nobody has written a well-done patch and submitted it to Neil by now. I can't imagine it being anything more than a trivial patch nearly duplicating the similar code used for the file open dialog.

• 1 year later...

I hate bringing old items back, especially dated from 2005 ... But anyway ... Has anything been done about this? When saving in SciTE it should default to .au3 rather then nothing? Would be a nice feature!

Thanks,

MePH

Strange. Mine always saves as .au3

Are you able to open them without the extension by double clicking? (If so, you may just have known file extensions hidden.)

Is it the newest version?

Strange. Mine always saves as .au3

Are you able to open them without the extension by double clicking? (If so, you may just have known file extensions hidden.)

Is it the newest version?

My SciTE is v1.71 which was packaged with AutoIT 3.2.2.0. When I click on File -> Save As on a new file (not one that I double clicked on to open) my file name and file ext drop downs are both blank. I have to type the filename (which is expected) and add ".au3" otherwise my file is saved without an ext. I have Windows showing all file exts also.

There just isn't one!

MePH

My SciTE is v1.71 which was packaged with AutoIT 3.2.2.0. When I click on File -> Save As on a new file (not one that I double clicked on to open) my file name and file ext drop downs are both blank. I have to type the filename (which is expected) and add ".au3" otherwise my file is saved without an ext. I have Windows showing all file exts also.

There just isn't one!

MePH

You are correct, Total Commander also doesnt show an extension on this, Ive learned to just type .au3 in there, but its really annoying.

EDIT:

Global.properties shows the following on line 101

default.file.ext=.au3

the default is set to .au3, it just doesnt work

Edited by verto

• Developers

You are correct, Total Commander also doesnt show an extension on this, Ive learned to just type .au3 in there, but its really annoying.

EDIT:

Global.properties shows the following on line 101

default.file.ext=.au3

the default is set to .au3, it just doesnt work

This parameter is used to select the default lexer..

The save as default has been asked many times and I know that th.merger put in a request recently on the Scite website.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Another thing that would be nice would be for SciTE to remember the size of its window the last time it was closed and use the same size the next time it is opened. For me, it always opens a maximized window which I have to manually resize.

• Developers

Another thing that would be nice would be for SciTE to remember the size of its window the last time it was closed and use the same size the next time it is opened. For me, it always opens a maximized window which I have to manually resize.

Seen this request before too..

I am supplying the Standard SciTE as released by Neil Hodgson so any feature requests will have to be done on the SciTE website.

Having said that, you probably could write your own Autoit script that would start SciTE for you and set the widows size and also regularly polls and saves the latest windows size/position oif SciTE

:whistle:.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Seen this request before too..

I am supplying the Standard SciTE as released by Neil Hodgson so any feature requests will have to be done on the SciTE website.

Having said that, you probably could write your own Autoit script that would start SciTE for you and set the widows size and also regularly polls and saves the latest windows size/position oif SciTE

:whistle: .

Now thats why i love Autoit :)

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

I did the first part (start SciTE and set window size) and it's ok, but it just seems like a very basic functionality that is missing. No big deal, however.

• 2 weeks later...