Using taglib-sharp.dll to write extended properties to (video) files

hudl

Hi!

I try to write metadata to a mp4 file. Because this is not possible with AutoIt alone, I found the taglib-sharp.dll (Windows) that should be able to do this.

Now Im struggling on how to use it - to be honest, I really don't get this dll thing at all despite of reading for hours and days! :(

I tried already a lot (DllOpen, DllCall,...) but so far I thought this should be the way how to do it (which does not work obviously - well, even reading the property does not work...):

$tagFile=ObjCreate("TagLib.File")
$myFile = $tagFile.Create("F:\TEST\myMP3.mp3")

$mp3Title = $myFile.Tag.Title

If IsObj($myFile) Then
MsgBox(0,"Title", $mp3Title)
Else
MsgBox(0,"Title", "not an object")
EndIf

It fails, stating that $tagFile must be of type "Object"...?

I copied the taglib-sharp.dll into the folder of the au3 script without registering it (what I want to avoid).

If someone could point me to a direction, I'm willing to read and learn. Thanks!

Hmm. No one has an idea?

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to load the dll first somehow? How does the system know that I want to call the function TagLig.File.Create if I didn't load or register the dll? Are all dll's within the script dir known to the script?

I know that resolving this problem would include looking into the source of the dll (that I linked up there). So I really appreciate any help.

I just want to catch on this dll thing but currently I think I'm missing something... Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Maybe the >UDF to write ID3 tags to mp3 files can give you an idea.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Or do it by using atomicparsley as diescribed here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki