Protect data from copy & drop drag file

Freetime

Hi all :P

I'm a newbie, I'm beginning to learn Autoit, and I love it :)

In my idea of protect file by Autoit, I have DATA foder (E:DATA) and I don't want any body copy (or drag/drop) files in it to USB disk.

How can I do it ???

or... how can i listenning a source folder of copying process for close it ???

Sorry for my bad English :P

Edited by Freetime

While 1
Sleep(10)
Local $copy = ClipGet(), $datafolder = "E:\DATA"
$pr = StringInStr($copy, $datafolder)
If $pr = 1 then
ClipPut(" ")
EndIf
WEnd

With this code, i can clear clipboard when they copy/paste, but... it not work if they drag/drop file ? :(

Woa... nice trick... does it really work?

Awesome

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

More easy...

_CheckPath()

MsgBox(0, 0, "Yeah, work!")

Func _CheckPath()
If @ScriptDir <> "E:\Data" Then
MsgBox(0, 0, "Hey, don't steal my script!")
Exit
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_CheckPath

People can copy, drag-drop but work only in the path E:Data. For additional protection, you can check an HWID of a component of your pc, or simply check it out the computer name with @ComputerName using the same method of the @ScriptDir

EDIT: I think i have misunderstood, you want to protect the folder, not the script. Use a password protected .zip, it's most safety. There is everytime a way to copy a folder, example with a live cd.

Edited by johnmcloud

More easy...

_CheckPath()

MsgBox(0, 0, "Yeah, work!")

Func _CheckPath()
If @ScriptDir <> "E:\Data" Then
MsgBox(0, 0, "Hey, don't steal my script!")
Exit
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_CheckPath

People can copy, drag-drop but work only in the path E:Data. For additional protection, you can check an HWID of a component of your pc, or simply check it out the computer name with @ComputerName using the same method of the @ScriptDir

EDIT: I think i have misunderstood, you want to protect the folder, not the script. Use a password protected .zip, it's most safety. There is everytime a way to copy a folder, example with a live cd.

Thanks johnmcloud ! I need to protect folder from copy (to USB disk only), but user can read write and execute...

but user can read write and execute...

The Idea of Zipping[Password Protected] is good. U could extract to read write and execute

there is a Zip UDF in the Forum written by wraithdu

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.