Shellexecute Openeing Separate Instance Of The Application, Not In A Single Instance ....

Hi Friends,

I'm new to autoit, started developing one small application but facing a problem before posting here i tried Google but not able to resolve,

in my project, i'm trying to open KML files in Google Earth, and ShellExecute doing this job exactly what i needed, but one problem im facing, everytime i call ShellExecute it is creating one Google Earth application instance but not in the same already opened instance.

My requirement is to open around 100 KML files in same Google Earth instance, and save the locations in Google earth.

My code is like this.....

ShellExecute ($filename, "", @ScriptDir & "\KML Files" , "open")

$filename ==> variable which will get the each KML file name in the loop.

@ScriptDir & "\KML Files" ==> location of the KML files

in simple way, my requirement is like if we open a MP3 file using ShellExecute, it should open the MP3 in the Default Music Application & if you open one more MP3 using the ShellExecute then it should be opened in the same already opened application but not in a new instance of the application...

Thanks in advance for viewing my post & for supporting me.

Does Google Earth have any command line parameters?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

What happens if you drag a second file onto Google Earth? Does that open a new instance?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Developers

Works fine for me and opens the new files in the same instance that is already open.

I am on Win7 X64 and tried both x86 and x64 version of AutoIt3 which were both working fine.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

if we drag or Double Click with the mouse it will open with the existing instance only, new instance not created.

That makes no sense then. Search the Forum for _FileDragDrop OR work out why it doesn't work you but Jos.

UDF List:

Works fine for me and opens the new files in the same instance that is already open.

I am on Win7 X64 and tried both x86 and x64 version of AutoIt3 which were both working fine.

thats great Jos, but the same thing not worked for me in Windows7 & windows Xp, i'm using Latest Autoit & Latest Google Earth, can you just post your code if possible, so that i can correct if i done some thing wrong.

That makes no sense then. Search the Forum for _FileDragDrop OR work out why it doesn't work you but Jos.

Thank you Guinness for your suggestion, i will try the _FileDragDrop method.

• Developers

This is the code I have tested with:

ShellExecute ("C:\Users\Jos\Documents\Vakantie2011.kml", "", "C:\Users\Jos\Documents" , "open")

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i tried using _FileDragDrop in following way:

_FileDragDrop(WinGetHandle("Google Earth"),@ScriptDir & "\KML Files\1.kml",870,380,True)
msgbox(0,"Error", @error)

actually the process(Google Earth instance is already available) and returning error 0, but nothing happening in Google Earth, but if i close the Google Earth Instance and execute this then i got the error 16 this means my code communicating to Google Earth but, something going wrong in dropping the files at the specified location, (this location i got by using AURecord, i started AURecord and dropped one file manually, and the location i noted).

This is the code I have tested with:

ShellExecute ("C:\Users\Jos\Documents\Vakantie2011.kml", "", "C:\Users\Jos\Documents" , "open")

Thank you Jos, now i found a mistake in my code, which is rectified after seeing your code, im using $filename only as filename instead of filename with path. Now i changed it to

ShellExecute (@scriptDir & "\KML Files\1.kml", "", @ScriptDir & "\KML Files","open")
   Sleep(5000)
   ShellExecute (@scriptDir & "\KML Files\2.kml", "", @ScriptDir & "\KML Files","open")

Now this is opening two kml files in same Google Earth Instance, with the desired delay. Thanks again.

• 9 months later...