Sign in to follow this  
supraspecies

Can't get window class to work

I'm at a complete loss. I can't get window class to work, at all. Example:

WinActivate("[CLASS:Notepad]")

Doesn't bring notepad window forward. Whichever scripts I've ever written, window class name never worked for me. AutoIT 3.3.8.1; Windows 7. I think I even had the same issue in WinXP.

What can be the problem?

-----------------------

Hmm... I don't know... works half of the time. Maybe Im just making errors in scripts. I better withdraw my question until I have more details. It could be my mistake. Pardon me for the inconvenience.

Edited by supraspecies

Hi,

Does this work for you ?

Run("notepad.exe")

WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")

ConsoleWrite("window found !" & @CrLf)

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

I assume it's supposed to write "window found !"? If so, then no (and I've checked - I don't have any instances of Notepad running). But I figured out why my CLASS wasn't working - the application was changing class name every launch. I didn't even know that was possible. How would I get around that? I doubt I can use wildcards in class names, so what would be a workaround? In the class name:

CltWin:400000:8:10003:0:97605e5

only the last segment changes, this one:

97605e5

So I would like to identify the window by everything that comes before.

Update: Oh, apparently I can just enter a part of a class name using REGEXPCLASS, and that'll be it. Simpler than I thought.

Edited by supraspecies

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ThePoro
      Hi everyone.
      I want to ask about this : 
      I want it runs from 1 to 100 and It opens 10 firefox profiles then access youtube. After I close a firefox window, the loop runs and wait for another window close until loop ends
      I have a loop like this.
      Func launch() Local $from = Int(GUICtrlRead($input1)) Local $to = Int(GUICtrlRead($input2)) If $to <> "" Then While $from <= $to Local $profile = $to _RunDos("start firefox.exe -p " & $profile & " -no-remote youtube.com") $to=$to+1 WEnd Else Local $profile = $to _RunDos("start firefox.exe -p " & $profile & " -no-remote youtube.com") EndIf EndFunc Is there any solution?
      Thank you!
    • By XinYoung
      Greetings!
      I am in need of your guidance once again. I searched the forums for clicking in span, clicking by class, clicking without an ID or Name, etc., but I am unable to find a solution for my problem.
      I am trying to expand this tree in IE. There is an arrow ( > ) that i need to click, but I can't find a way to do it . Alternatively, I can double-click the text "Servers", but that seems to be even more troublesome. I will have to do this 2-3 more times as the tree expands.
      There appears to be an ID for the tree, simply called "tree", but that isn't working when I send a click to it.

;Open an IE session and navigate to pgAdmin. Global $oIE = _IECreate($pgAdmin) ;Maximize the IE window. WinSetState(_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd"), "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) Sleep(2000) ;Expand the tree $oTree = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "tree") _IEAction($oTree, "click") Any ideas?  
    • By Rhidlor
      I was wondering if there was a library or something which provides the capability to Send() to inactive windows, and I know what you're thinking, I could just use ControlSend(); the reason I can't use that in this situation is because I need to hold down keys for specific prolonged periods of time. Also activating the window, Send()ing then de-activating the window isn't really an option here, I need the target window to always be in the background. I've looked around the forums for an adequate amount of time and didn't find anything useful, perhaps because the threads were all 10 years old, nevertheless, if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By Pricehacker
      Hello again!
      I have tried searching for quite some time now but couldn´t find a single working way to change the class of your GUI that doesn´t include changing it manually after its compilation.
      First or "AutoIt v3 GUI" is a pretty boring name tbh and i would like to spice it up a bit, also, and more importantly, I would like to identify my windows by something other than its title as it will change depending on some factors and im using two different programs independently as multi threading isn't supported.
      Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    • By bbProg
      Hi,

how can I wait activate for windows with information as in the photos attached?
      Class is not being recognized by the script.

thanks in advanced.