[Solved]Compatibility Check?

Hybrid

Hey, so I made an installer and few labels which tell ur OS Version and Bit.. using @OSArch & @OSVersion

What I want to do is, if the OS Version is XP, controls get deactivated and a MsgBox appear saying that the XP Users aren't compatible

post-70047-0-41283000-1356871841_thumb.p

Edited by Hybrid

Look at MsgBox, GUICtrlSetState and If statements in the help file. You can also search _Toggle_EnableDisable in the Forum/Wiki.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Look at MsgBox, GUICtrlSetState and If statements in the help file.

I know this part. I have few experience in AutoIt

I just don't know how to make the program find if the OS is XP.

In visual basic were easier.

I'm looking for something like this: [this is in vb] If Label1.Text = "Win XP" Then

; block all GUI Controls

• Moderators

Hybrid,

Have you looked at the @OSVersion macro? All you need then is a If structure: ;)

If @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" Then
    MsgBox(0, "OS", "XP")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "OS", "Not XP")
EndIf

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hybrid,

Have you looked at the @OSVersion macro? All you need then is a If structure: ;)

If @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" Then
MsgBox(0, "OS", "XP")
Else
MsgBox(0, "OS", "Not XP")
EndIf

M23

Ah.

I did it in other way >.>

Func _Check()
If $Label8= "WIN_XP" Then
MsgBox(0, "Error", "Your OS is XP." & @CRLF & "Your System is not compatible with this tool!")
Else
MsgBox(0, "", "Compatibility Test Passed~", 3)
EndIf
EndFunc

and Label8 ish:

$Label8 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label3", 160, 32, 36, 17, -1, $WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, @OSVersion)

Guess both versions work :3

Edited by Hybrid

• Moderators

Hybrid,

Guess both versions work :3

Are you sure? What value do you get in the $Label8 variable? You will find it is the ControlID of the label, not the content. ;)

If you do want the content, then you need to use GUICtrlRead($Label8). :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Hybrid,

Are you sure? What value do you get in the $Label8 variable? You will find it is the ControlID of the label, not the content. ;)

If you do want the content, then you need to use GUICtrlRead($Label8). :)

M23

Look at the pic on the first post.

That's the content of label8

Anyway, used ur method :c

• Moderators

Hybrid,

You create the label here:

and the variable $Label8 contains the ControlID of the label which you can use later to address it.

When you later use this

how do you expect the ControlID of the label to read "WIN_XP"?

What I was explaining above was that you need to do:

If GUICtrlRead($Label8) = "WIN_XP" Then

in order to read the content of the label. ;)

But as you say, using the @OSVersion macro directly is much quicker and more elegant. :D

M23

Spoiler

Hybrid,

You create the label here:

and the variable $Label8 contains the ControlID of the label which you can use later to address it.

When you later use this

how do you expect the ControlID of the label to read "WIN_XP"?

What I was explaining above was that you need to do:

If GUICtrlRead($Label8) = "WIN_XP" Then

in order to read the content of the label. ;)

But as you say, using the @OSVersion macro directly is much quicker and more elegant. :D

M23

Yeah, you're right.

i was just tired and hungry.

Coded 6-7hours today w/o eating ._.

Anyway, thanks

• Moderators

Hybrid,

Glad you understand - now go and eat something. ;)

M23

Spoiler

Hybrid,

I know it can be addictive when coding, but taking regular breaks will really help. For example the other day I had a momentary lapse of judgement and couldn't work out why this (just a small example, not the actual code which was a little longer in lines) was failing >>

For $i = 1 To 2
    ConsoleWrite('>> First loop: ' & @CRLF)
    For $i = 1 To 10
        ConsoleWrite('>> Second loop: ' & @CRLF)
    Next
Next
The output should be

>> First loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> First loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop:

and not

>> First loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop: 
>> Second loop:

Did you spot the mistake?

For $i = 1 To 2
    ConsoleWrite('>> First loop: ' & @CRLF)
    For $j = 1 To 10 ; << Was using $i instead of $j or another For loop variable name.
        ConsoleWrite('>> Second loop: ' & @CRLF)
    Next
Next

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I always use this WinAPIEx internal function to determine the OS. Comparing to a number is always easier imho than comparing to a string.

Global Const $__iWINVER = __WINVER() ; WinAPIEx internal function

If $__iWINVER > 0x0600 Then ; Vista+
    ConsoleWrite($__iWINVER & @tab & "Vista+ OS detected" & @crlf)
Else ; XP or older
    ConsoleWrite($__iWINVER & @tab & "XP or older OS detected" & @crlf)
EndIf

Func __WINVER() ; Minimum supported client: Windows 2000 Professional
    Local $tOSVI = DllStructCreate('dword;dword;dword;dword;dword;wchar[128]')
    DllStructSetData($tOSVI, 1, DllStructGetSize($tOSVI))
    Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GetVersionExW', 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tOSVI))
    If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return BitOR(BitShift(DllStructGetData($tOSVI, 2), -8), DllStructGetData($tOSVI, 3))
EndFunc   ;==>__WINVER

A curiosity. Why not run on XP?

Select
Case @OSVersion = "WIN_XP"
MsgBox(0, "", "Your system is Windows XP and it will pick up a virus"
Case @OSVersion = "WIN_VISTA"
MsgBox(0, "", "Your system is Windows Vista and it will crash"
EndSelect

;Select is also good to this
Edited by GordonFreeman

Not only are your MsgBox comments ludicrous, but using a Select statement is not the most efficient approach.

UDF List:

Not only are your MsgBox comments ludicrous, but using a Select statement is not the most efficient approach.

I used only two. It's something useful for the 9 possible returns (@ OSVersion). And I already used Windows XP too, and of course the ways to make it good (DeepFreeze, A good firewall, A good anti-virus, disable autoruns, a large configuration).

Now guinness give me a kiss, please!