_IsPressed situation

Hi, this searches only for CTRL but ALT, also activates it, if i change the number to 12 (ALT) it works, and CTRL doesn't activate it!

So this means there is a problem, when i use ispressed 11. Can anyone verify this?

;ALT = 12
;CTRL = 11
#include 
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
Do
Sleep(50)
If _IsPressed("11", $dll) Then
TrayTip('Info', 'Key Pressed', 1)
Sleep(1000)
TrayTip('','',1)
EndIf
Until $dll = 123
DllClose($dll)
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

This works for me.

; ALT = 12
; CTRL = 11

#include <Misc.au3>

Local $hDLL = DllOpen('user32.dll')
While 1
    Sleep(50)
    If _IsPressed('11', $hDLL) Then
        Sleep(1000)
        TrayTip('', '', 1)
    EndIf
WEnd
DllClose($hDLL)
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If I run the script as you wrote it, using CTRL it works fine, I switch it to using ALT (12) and it still works for me.

Win7/x64

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I reckon you have some sticky keys or something.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Hi all, i didn't say CTRL didn't work, i said that with

_IsPressed("11", $dll) ALT also works.

That is what i need verified, perhaps i didn't explain myself correctly. Sorry.

Using 11, ALT should not be working.

Have y'all pressed ALT With the code provided?

EDIT: Btw, here, With the code for ctrl, right alt activates the script, left one doesn't.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

Yes and it didn't show the tip.

UDF List:

ok, weird stuff.. i got no idea of what it can be. Investigating...

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

careca,

See the following code

; L-CTRL = A2
; R-CTRL = A3
; L-ALT = A4
; R-ALT = A5

#include <misc.au3>

; example of pressing any ALT key

Do
    Sleep(50)
    If _IsPressed("a4", $dll) or _ispressed("a5", $dll) Then
        Sleep(1000)
        TrayTip('', '', 1)
    EndIf
Until $dll = 123
DllClose($dll)

The MS doc for getasynckeystate specifies that VK_SHIFT ("10"), VK_CONTROL ("11"), and VK_MENU ("12") give the state of these keys without regard for right or left.

I don't know why one key behaves differently than the other in your example, perhaps keyboard mapping. The code above will work to isolate the ALT and CTRL keys.

kylomas

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

careca,

The following is a slightly modified version of _winapi_getkeynametext from Yashied's WinapiEx UDF. It returns the text name of keys when pressed.

If you run it you may find that the ALT key is regarded as a SYSTEM key and the CTRL key is not (this depends on your locale as far as I can tell). This might explain some of the seemingly inconsistent behaviour.

#Include <APIConstants.au3>
#Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#Include <WinAPIEx.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

GUICreate('MyGUI')
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_KEYDOWN, 'WM_KEYDOWN')
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SYSKEYDOWN, 'WM_SYSKEYDOWN')
GUISetState()

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

Func WM_KEYDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ConsoleWrite('Keydown = ' & _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText($lParam) & @CR)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_KEYDOWN

Func WM_SYSKEYDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ConsoleWrite('SYS key down = ' & _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText($lParam) & @CR)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_KEYDOWN

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Hi, curious thing happens when i press alt, with your script running.. console outputs:

Keydown = CTRL

Keydown = ALT DIREITO <<< Means Right ALT

When i press right control:

Keydown = CTRL DIREITO <<< Right control as expected

Weird stuff, so i got win7 ult. x64

US keyboard layout

US UI language

just like so many others without the problem. :

Kb is Logitech g510, works normally...

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

When you say that you have US layout, do you mean like United States or US-International? If the latter, then notice that it is not an Alt key, but Alt Gr. Alt Gr as you maybe know, can be emulated on other keyboards with Ctrl + Alt. Apparently it goes the other way too, as Alt Gr fires both Ctrl and Alt in the scripts posted here.

It's not what I expected, but sounds plausible enough.

You are correct! Its Alt Gr. And i didn't know that fact. And i haven't configured it to fire ctrl. Thank you! So it is Solved..

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

Just in case anyone cares, this is how i solved the issue.

;ALT = 12
;CTRL = 11
#include <Misc.au3>
Do
    Sleep(50)
    If _IsPressed("11", $dll) Then
        If Not _IsPressed("12", $dll) Then
        Sleep(1000)
        TrayTip('','',1)
    EndIf
    EndIf
Until $dll = 123
DllClose($dll)
Spoiler

Au3Record.exe