IE automating Toshiba Copier log downloads

IE automation is admittedly a new thing for me. I normally interact with web servers/pages by other means (like stuffing "post" data directly into a TCP packet), but in this case I am kind of stuck.

We have a battery of about 20 Toshiba copier/scanner/fax machines in the office. One of the ladies here has to log on to each of them individually to download four different usage logs, every week. I am trying to partially automate that process for her, but am not having much luck.

I am wanting to put together a script that will cycle through each copier,

• open the admin page (TopAccess) in the browser
  • navigate to the login page
  • wait for her to enter her credentials (no auto-login)
  • havigate to the logs page
  • export/download each of the log files
  • log-out
Unfortunately, I haven't even been able to navigate to the login page yet. I can't go directly there by URL, because the copier will go to the "main" page no matter what URL you provide, unless you are already logged in on an active session.

Using IE.AU3, I have tried both _IELinkClickByText() and _IELinkClickbyIndex(), with and without _IEFrameGetCollection().

I have also tried $objectvar.document.parentwindow.execScript("script_called_by_link_onclick").

I am using IE9 on a 64-bit Win7-Enterprise system, with v3.3.8.1 public and 3.3.9.4 beta installed (although trying to keep to the public release).

Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated.

Do an auto-login automatation if you want to reach to that point.

Besides we can not help you a lot here. You are not providing a reproducer, we dont know exactly what you want to do and no source or html code....

I feel nothing.It feels great.

I realize that not posting code dramatically limits the help most people might be able to give. I am sorry for that.

I was hoping there might be someone who has worked with Toshiba machines before. I would post code, but it consists of framesets within framesets, containing pages and pages of javascript. I also would not want to cause trouble for the forum by posting copyrighted code scraped from the copiers. Since I know next to nothing about javascript, paring down the javascript code to just the pertinent would be next to impossible.

I cannot do an auto-login solution, since company policy would not allow it (aside from auto-login discussion not being allowed on the forums). Since I cannot even navigate to the login page, it is a moot point anyway.

If anyone has had any experience with navigating Toshiba copier admin pages (or anything similar), any help or direction would be great. If not, it is not a show-stopper. I am just trying to make life a little easier on one of the more IT friendly office staff.

Edited by willichan

I am using a toshiba. Auto loging is allowed now.

Since it is copyrighted code, I can't post it without consent. I put a request in to Toshiba through my rep. He owes me a couple of favors, so he will be pushing it for me. If I get their approval, then I will be able to post some of the code.

Autologins are still against my company's security policies, so I can't go that route anyway.

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to picking your brain, once I get the consent to post the code.