Array to ListView problem

telmob

I've recently found this post:

and changed a bit for my needs.

I basically want the files to show the path in the first column and the file extension in the second column.

This works alright for single files, but for multiple files, i can't do it, because of stringtrim in the array.

Is there a way to do this?

Please don't pay attention to stringtrim sillyness. I know its noobish but its working. Spent about an hour reading stringregexp to do the same and couldn't. :P

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <SliderConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GuiToolTip.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $ITEMID, $ListWhitelist
Global $CABECERA = "Objects allowed to run |Type "

$Ancho = 393
$Alto = 300
#region ### START Koda GUI section ###
$SRPEGUI = GUICreate("Aplicacion", $Ancho, $Alto, 398, 184, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
;;;; LISTA
$ListWhitelist = GUICtrlCreateListView($CABECERA, 0, 0, $Ancho, 257)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 333)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 56)
GUICtrlSetState($ListWhitelist, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($ListWhitelist, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_INFOTIP))

;;;; BUTTONS
$ButtonAddFileWhitelist = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add file", 15, 265, 90, 25)
$ButtonAddFolderWhitelist = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add Folder", 123, 265, 90, 25)
$BTNBORARSELECT = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete", 230, 265, 90, 25)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#endregion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $msg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $ButtonAddFileWhitelist
_AddFileAllow()
Case $ButtonAddFolderWhitelist
_AddFolderAllow()
Case $BTNBORARSELECT
_BorrarSeleccionado()
EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _AddFileAllow()
$Carpeta = FileOpenDialog("Select executable to add to the Whitelist.", @WindowsDir & "", "Known Executables (*.A6P;*.AC;*.AS;*.ACR;*.ACTION;*.AIR;*.APP;*.AWK;*.CGI;*.CSH;*.DEK;*.DLD;*.DS;*.EBM;*.ESH;*.EZS;*.FKY;*.FRS;*.FXP;*.GADGET;*.HMS;*.ICD;*.INX;*.IPF;*.ISU;*.JAR;*.JS;*.JSE;*.JSX;*.KIX;*.LUA;*.MCR;*.MEM;*.MPX;*.MS;*.OBS;*.PAF;*.PEX;*.PRC;*.PRG;*.PVD;*.PWC;*.PY;*.PYC;*.PYO;*.QPX;*.RBX;*.RGS;*.ROX;*.RPJ;*.SCAR;*.SCRIPT;*.SCT;*.SHB;*.SPR;*.TLB;*.TMS;*.U3P;*.UDF;*.VBE;*.VBS;*.VBSCRIPT;*.WCM;*.WPK;*.WS;*.WSF;*.XQT;*.AUT;*.AU3;*.A3X;*.ADE;*.ADP;*.BAS;*.BAT;*.CHM;*.CMD;*.COM;*.CPL;*.CRT;*.EXE;*.HLP;*.HTA;*.INF;*.INS;*.ISP;*.MDB;*.MDE;*.MSC;*.MSI;*.MSP;*.MST;*.OCX;*.PCD;*.PIF;*.REG;*.SCR;*.SHS;*.URL;*.VB;*.WSC)", 5, '', $SRPEGUI)
$Filediv = StringSplit($Carpeta, '|')
If $Filediv[0] <> 1 Then ;

For $N = 2 To $Filediv[0][0]
$result = StringRight($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 4)
$result2 = StringLeft($result, 1)
$result3 = StringRight($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 3)
$result4 = StringLeft($result3, 1)
$result5 = StringRight($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 2)
$result6 = StringLeft($result5, 1)
If $result2 ="." Then $Filediv=Stringright($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 4)
If $result4 ="." Then $Filediv=Stringright($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 3)
If $result6 ="." Then $Filediv=Stringright($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 2)
$ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, StringTrimRight($Filediv[$N], 4))
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, $Filediv[1] & '\' & $Filediv[$N], 1)
Next
Else
$Filediv = StringSplit($Carpeta, '\') ;AƱadir un archivo
$result = StringRight($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 4)
$result2 = StringLeft($result, 1)
$result3 = StringRight($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 3)
$result4 = StringLeft($result3, 1)
$result5 = StringRight($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 2)
$result6 = StringLeft($result5, 1)
If $result4 ="." Then $Filediv=Stringright($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 3)
If $result6 ="." Then $Filediv=Stringright($Filediv[$Filediv[0]], 2)
If $Carpeta <> "" Then
$ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, $Carpeta, 2)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, $Filediv, 1)
EndIf
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_AddFileAllow

Func _AddFolderAllow()
$sFolder = FileSelectFolder("Select a folder", "")
$result = StringTrimLeft($sFolder, 1)
$result2 = StringLeft($result, 2)
If $result2 <>":\" And $sFolder <>"" Then
MsgBox(48, "Path not allowed", "Only absolute folder paths are accepted." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Select another folder.")
_AddFolderAllow()
EndIf
If $sFolder <>"" And $result2 =":\" Then
$ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, $sFolder, 4)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, 'Folder', 1)
EndIf
EndFunc
; ###############################################################################
Func _BorrarSeleccionado()
$var = MsgBox("1", "Atencion", "Estas seguro que quieres Borarlo?")
If $var = 1 Then
$ELIMINADO = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListWhitelist, True) ; Get an array of the selected indices
For $i = 1 To $ELIMINADO[0]
$sText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListWhitelist, $ELIMINADO[$i], 0)
;~ FileDelete($sText)
MsgBox("1", "Atencion", $sText)
_GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListWhitelist), $ELIMINADO[$i])
Next
Else
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_BorrarSeleccionado
; ###############################################################################

Just took a quick run through with this, here's a couple of points you need to fix.

StringSplit returns a 1D array, not a 2D array.

You've just deleted the contents of the array $FileDiv and turned it into a simple variable so that the script will error out when you try to access it as an array again. You aren't using the element of $filediv to put the string into, you're turning it into a string variable.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays. Ā - Ā ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script. Ā - Ā Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label. Ā - Ā _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file Ā - Ā SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor Ā - Ā GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI. Ā - Ā Ā Latin Square password generator

Thanks for your reply BrewManNH.

Just took a quick run through with this, here's a couple of points you need to fix.

StringSplit returns a 1D array, not a 2D array.

Yep, that's my big problem. And i have no idea how to solve it :(

You've just deleted the contents of the array $FileDiv and turned it into a simple variable so that the script will error out when you try to access it as an array again. You aren't using the element of $filediv to put the string into, you're turning it into a string variable.

I'm searching the forums for a possible solution, but so far... i'm completely lost.

I've spent the last two days trying to solve this and i was without internet at home, so my brain is completely fried. :)

Thanks for your reply BrewManNH.

Yep, that's my big problem. And i have no idea how to solve it :(

Use $filediv[0] instead. You should probably look at some of the array tutorials.

I'm searching the forums for a possible solution, but so far... i'm completely lost.

I've spent the last two days trying to solve this and i was without internet at home, so my brain is completely fried. :)

You spent 2 days trying to figure out how to change the variable name, or 2 days trying to figure out how to assign a value to an array element? Either way, you spent 47 hours and 55 minutes too long doing it. :)

You should do something like this.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <SliderConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GuiToolTip.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

$Ancho = 393
$Alto = 300
$SRPEGUI = GUICreate("Aplicacion", $Ancho, $Alto, 398, 184, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
;;;; LISTA
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($ListWhitelist, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_INFOTIP))

;;;; BUTTONS

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
            _AddFileAllow()
            _AddFolderAllow()
        Case $BTNBORARSELECT
            _BorrarSeleccionado()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _AddFileAllow()
    Local $sDrive, $sPath, $sName, $sExt
    $Carpeta = FileOpenDialog("Select executable to add to the Whitelist.", @WindowsDir & "", "Known Executables (*.A6P;*.AC;*.AS;*.ACR;*.ACTION;*.AIR;*.APP;*.AWK;*.CGI;*.CSH;*.DEK;*.DLD;*.DS;*.EBM;*.ESH;*.EZS;*.FKY;*.FRS;*.FXP;*.GADGET;*.HMS;*.ICD;*.INX;*.IPF;*.ISU;*.JAR;*.JS;*.JSE;*.JSX;*.KIX;*.LUA;*.MCR;*.MEM;*.MPX;*.MS;*.OBS;*.PAF;*.PEX;*.PRC;*.PRG;*.PVD;*.PWC;*.PY;*.PYC;*.PYO;*.QPX;*.RBX;*.RGS;*.ROX;*.RPJ;*.SCAR;*.SCRIPT;*.SCT;*.SHB;*.SPR;*.TLB;*.TMS;*.U3P;*.UDF;*.VBE;*.VBS;*.VBSCRIPT;*.WCM;*.WPK;*.WS;*.WSF;*.XQT;*.AUT;*.AU3;*.A3X;*.ADE;*.ADP;*.BAS;*.BAT;*.CHM;*.CMD;*.COM;*.CPL;*.CRT;*.EXE;*.HLP;*.HTA;*.INF;*.INS;*.ISP;*.MDB;*.MDE;*.MSC;*.MSI;*.MSP;*.MST;*.OCX;*.PCD;*.PIF;*.REG;*.SCR;*.SHS;*.URL;*.VB;*.WSC)", 5, '', $SRPEGUI)
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Carpeta = ' & $Carpeta & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console

For $N = 2 To $Filediv[0]
            $ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, $Filediv[1])
            _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, $Filediv[$N], 1)
        Next
    Else
        _PathSplit($Carpeta, $sDrive, $sPath, $sName, $sExt)
        If $Carpeta <> "" Then
            $ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, $sDrive & $sPath)
            _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, $sName & $sExt, 1)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_AddFileAllow

Func _AddFolderAllow()
    If $result2 <> ":\" And $sFolder <> "" Then
        MsgBox(48, "Path not allowed", "Only absolute folder paths are accepted." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Select another folder.")
        _AddFolderAllow()
    EndIf
    If $sFolder <> "" And $result2 = ":\" Then
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_AddFolderAllow
    If $var = 1 Then
        $ELIMINADO = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListWhitelist, True) ; Get an array of the selected indices
;~ FileDelete($sText5)
        Next
    Else
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_BorrarSeleccionado

Please note, I only fixed the AddFileAllow function, I'll leave the folder one to you.

EDIT: Modified the section that is used when more than one file is selected, didn't make sense to add the path then split it to get it back again. Old code I didn't change before posting.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays. Ā - Ā ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script. Ā - Ā Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label. Ā - Ā _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file Ā - Ā SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor Ā - Ā GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI. Ā - Ā Ā Latin Square password generator

I really apreciate it. But i think you didn't understand what i wanted, or maybe i didn't explain properly. The folder is bahaving as it should.

_PathSplit is genious! I didn't even knew it existed :P

I really have to study a bit of arrays and stringregexp, i get into so many problems because of these...

And what i was looking for was exactly this:

#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 

$Ancho = 393
$Alto = 300
;;;; LISTA

;;;; BUTTONS

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $msg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
_AddFileAllow()
_AddFolderAllow()
Case $BTNBORARSELECT
_BorrarSeleccionado()
EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _AddFileAllow()
Local $sDrive, $sPath, $sName, $sExt
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Carpeta = ' & $Carpeta & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console

For $N = 2 To $Filediv[0]
_PathSplit($Filediv[1] & "\" & $Filediv[$N], $sDrive, $sPath, $sName, $sExt)
$ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, $sDrive & $sPath & $sName & $sExt)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, $sExt, 1)
Next
Else
_PathSplit($Carpeta, $sDrive, $sPath, $sName, $sExt)
If $Carpeta <> "" Then
$ITEMID = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListWhitelist, $sDrive & $sPath & $sName & $sExt)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListWhitelist, $ITEMID, $sExt, 1)
EndIf
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_AddFileAllow

Func _AddFolderAllow()
If $result2 <> ":\" And $sFolder <> "" Then
_AddFolderAllow()
EndIf
If $sFolder <> "" And $result2 = ":\" Then
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_AddFolderAllow
If $var = 1 Then
;~ FileDelete($sText5)
Next
Else
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_BorrarSeleccionado

Again... Thank you! ;)