about my homepage

i may have recently asked this, but i cant find the post.

i dont know if i posted it, heh

but i want to be able to change my (internet) homepage with autoit. does anyone know how i would do this?

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

i may have recently asked this, but i cant find the post.

i dont know if i posted it, heh

but i want to be able to change my (internet) homepage with autoit. does anyone know how i would do this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm... are you talking about the content of your homepage, the domain itself or just the startup link in IE???

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

startup, like when you startup your default browser, it takes you to a preset page that you have established.

it should be for any browser, not just IE

its in start/control panel/internet options theres a place to change your homepage

(windows xp)

i know it can be done "behind the scenes" because you always see popups asking if you want to change your homepage to whatever site you happen to be on.

it should be something that works for all windows versions, and all browsers.

it would also be nice to be able to read what the current default homepage is set to.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

startup, like when you startup your default browser, it takes you to a preset page that you have established.

Ah, O.K. do the follwoing:

Change the link value to mammamia

Close the browser

Open regedit

Search for mammamia

Use RegWrite to change that value

As an alternative you can use regmon from systinternals.com.

it should be for any browser, not just IE

It's not possible through one registry key, as every browser handles this on its own! You will have to figure out how other browsers are doing it.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

No no no, here you go:

;===============================================================================================
;
;Function: _IESetHomePage($szNewPage)
;Paramaters: $szNewPage - The URL of the new homepage to set
;Return: On success returns 1
;        On failure sets @error to either of the following and returns the value of @error:
;        0.) Internet Explorer not installed or not installed properly
;        -1.) Couldn't write to registry
;Author(s): rpm91m@gmail.com
;
;=================================================================================================
Func _IESetHomePage($szNewPage)
    If RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "") Then
        SetError(0)
        Return 0
    ElseIf RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page", "REG_SZ", $szNewPage) Then
        Return 1
    Else
        SetError(-1)
        Return -1
    EndIf
EndFunc

:dance:

EDIT: Nevermind... For any broswer, that's gonna be hard, but that one is for IE... :whistle:

Edited by layer
FootbaG

actually thats perfect.

since it has error levels to determine whether IE is installed, or whether you have permission to write to the reg.

i dont have to guess what browser someone has. if they uninstalled IE or dont have rights to edit the reg then i can make it just skip the code.

it wont make the script lose track because its waiting for a page that will never load. cool. ty nice function