Scite (Single Key to stop running script?)

Hi, is it possible to make a change somewhere, somehow, to stop the script from scite with a single key of choice? Right now, if i remember right, the way to stop a script is by pressing ctrl-break or something like that, i was wondering if i can change this to F6 or some key thats free.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Unless you have disabled it via opt() pressing Esc should stop the running script .

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Ok thank you, :) but i still would like to know if i can change the stop key..

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

Bowmore,

pressing Esc should stop the running script

Not so. ;)

The Opt option you are thinking of is GUICloseOnESC. AutoIt normally interprets ESC as a $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE event and closes the script GUI - the Opt can change this behaviour. But ESC does not stop a script with no GUI as you can see if you run this simple code:

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

All clear? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create a script that

• would look for {F5}
  • get the latest PID of Autoit.exe or occurance of Autoit.exe [through WMI]
  • would set a HotKey of your own choice to terminate the process when activated
  • and unset the HotKey when the PID of that process doesnt exist

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

• Moderators

Or, you could make it simple, something like this. :)

HotKeySet("{F5}", "Quit")

While 1
 Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func Quit()
 Exit
EndFunc

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

You can try capturing [Ctrl+Break] and proceed as said by JLogan3o13

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Thank you all, i understand the hotkey idea, but thats not what im looking for, sometimes, in some applications, the hotkeys are set on a plain text file, or ini, or something like that, and my idea was to be able to change Ctrl+Break hotkeybind to something else, you can call it bindings list or whatever. See what i mean? I was thinking this could be done in the SciTe config files.. Anyone know what im talking about?

Has happened to me before, some situations where the script was looping and stuck and no hotkeys would work, had to close it from scite, thats what i need, but with a more accessible key.

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

@Melba23

Thanks, I had not realised that Esc only triggered a $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE event. I must pay more attention to the help file. :oops:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

• Moderators

Bowmore,

I must pay more attention to the help file

A good New Year's resolution for us all! :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

When you use the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 you can use Ctrl+Alt+F5 to interrupt the running of Autoit3wrapper and the shelled autoit3.

When you use the lite version you could add something like the following to SciTE User:

user.shortcuts=\
Ctrl+x|IDM_STOPEXECUTE|

Ctrl+x will now interrupt the process. Be aware this will not work with the Full version in combination with AutoIt3Wrapper.

Let me know when you have questions,

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thank you, that is on the track with what im looking for, but i don't really use the lite version, as i find it, well, too "lite".

Question is, how can i do the same in the full version? If possible.

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• Developers

Thank you, that is on the track with what im looking for, but i don't really use the lite version, as i find it, well, too "lite".

Question is, how can i do the same in the full version? If possible.

AutoIt3Wrapper has the Ctrl+Alt+F5 for restart and Ctrl+Break shortcut by default to interrupt the execution.

That is hardcode in AutoIt3Wrapper so you need to modify the provided source yourself.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thank you, thats what i needed to know. :)

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• Developers

I take that back... the posted solution will also work for the full version of SciTE. Just give it a try. :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

solution will also work for the full version of SciTE. Just give it a try. :)

Thank you very much!

Just did, and it works perfectly, even tried with a single key and it worked.

This is exactly what i was looking for, although, is there a reason i can't use F6?

Is it because its reserved for AU3Info and recorder, so i cant bind to that key?

It must be that, because with F4, it works! and this is next to perfect.

Sometimes i just want to test the gui, a quick button position check or something,

and with f5 to start and f4 to stop, its just what i needed, some may argue that i could click to close,

but i don't care, i like practical stuff. Thanks a million! :)

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• 9 years later...
On 1/8/2013 at 2:47 PM, Jos said:

AutoIt3Wrapper has the Ctrl+Alt+F5 for restart and Ctrl+Break shortcut by default to interrupt the execution.

That is hardcode in AutoIt3Wrapper so you need to modify the provided source yourself.

Jos

9 years later, is there a way to disable/overwrite the default hotkeys? (I'm trying use VSCode editor and this hotkey interfere)