[Solved] Help in Syntax

Hi ,

I tried to convert this syntax in several ways but it don't work:

I wanted to change this :

run("cmd")
     WinWaitActive("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")
     Send('"' & @ScriptDir & '\mediainfo.exe" --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > ' & '"' & @ScriptDir & '\Duration.txt"' & '{enter}')
     send("exit" & "{enter}")
     WinWaitClose("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")

to something like :

Run('"' & @ScriptDir & '\mediainfo.exe" --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > ' & '"' & @ScriptDir & '\Duration.txt"')

but a have an MS-Dos message error which disapear to quickly to see what's happening.

Thx by advance for your help

Processor.

Edited by Processor

So the first code snippet works but not the second? What about ShellExecute instead?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi ,

I tried to convert this syntax in several ways but it don't work:

I wanted to change this :

run("cmd")
     WinWaitActive("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")
     Send('"' & @ScriptDir & '\mediainfo.exe" --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > ' & '"' & @ScriptDir & '\Duration.txt"' & '{enter}')
     send("exit" & "{enter}")
     WinWaitClose("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")

to something like :

Run('"' & @ScriptDir & '\mediainfo.exe" --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > ' & '"' & @ScriptDir & '\Duration.txt"')

but a have an MS-Dos message error which disapear to quickly to see what's happening.

Thx by advance for your help

Processor.

maybe try this to see what error you are getting.

Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & @ScriptDir & "\mediainfo.exe --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% " & $file & " > " & @ScriptDir & "\Duration.txt", @SW_SHOW)
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

Processor,

Your run cmd is trying to pipe output to a file. I don't think you can do that. You may be able to get the output using stdoutread.

kylomas

edit: also you are using DOS cmd syntax which will not work (;%Duration/String3%)

edit2: maybe the syntax is OK for that pgm's parameter, don't know as I do not have that pgm.

edit3: you did not answer guinness's question. And is there more to the original snippet that we are not seeing?

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Is there a text file called duration.txt in the script directory? If so there's probably information in it that might tell you what's happening.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

You had the @SW_SHOW as second parameter which is the WorkDir! Also added the double quote back in which I expect are needed.

Try the following:

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "' & @ScriptDir & '\mediainfo.exe" --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > Duration.txt', @ScriptDir ,@SW_MAXIMIZE)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Processor,

Your run cmd is trying to pipe output to a file. I don't think you can do that. You may be able to get the output using stdoutread.

kylomas

edit: also you are using DOS cmd syntax which will not work (;%Duration/String3%)

edit2: maybe the syntax is OK for that pgm's parameter, don't know as I do not have that pgm.

edit3: you did not answer guinness's question. And is there more to the original snippet that we are not seeing?

my purpose is get the information provided by the command mediainfo.exe --output=video;%Duration/String3% and put it to a file called duration.txt

I aleady did these kind of things with another PGM without any problem. Error I used send keys :x

The Syntax is ok as it works in CMD box.

What is snippet?

Processor

Edited by Processor

Thx for the syntax, I now know where is the problem.

There is a space in the folder name of the scriptdir so the command launched is someting like:

C:userstotodesktopnew

whereas it should be :

"c:userstotodesktopnew foldermediainfo.exe" ...

so it seems the run command doesn't care of the quotes our double quotes in my syntax whereas the send does :(

Edited by Processor

Have you tried the syntax I supplied ?

Didn't that work either?

Yes I did, that's how I saw that there was a path problem (space in path)

You can try to use this...

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'mediainfo.exe --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > Duration.txt', @ScriptDir, @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Double quotes inside single quotes...

I tried this, it's a little bit better as the file duration.txt is created, but the file is empty :

As Kytomas said it's maybe impossible to pipe to an output file.

• Developers

You could try to use the file's shortname:

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "' & FileGetShortName(@ScriptDir & '\mediainfo.exe') & '" --Output=Video;%Duration/String3% "' & $file & '" > Duration.txt', @ScriptDir ,@SW_SHOW)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Procesor,

Perhaps I have not made myself clear. You cannot pipe to a file using the run command. What Jos and EndFunc are showing you is a way to run through the command processor so you can pipe your output.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Hi All,

Finally got what I wanted using the dll, I had a first read while ago but it seemed to complicated for me. this morning in five mins I found the solution:

; Open Media Info dll
$hDLL = DllOpen("MediaInfo.dll")
; New MediaInfo handle
$aMediaInfo = DllCall($hDLL, "ptr", "MediaInfo_New")
$hMediaInfo = $aMediaInfo[0]

; Open
DllCall($hDLL, "dword", "MediaInfo_Open", "ptr", $hMediaInfo, "wstr", "C:\HNI_001.avi" ) ; Full path
; MediaInfo
$aMediaInfoGet = DllCall($hDLL, "wstr", "MediaInfo_Get", "ptr", $hMediaInfo, "int", 0, "int", 0, "wstr", "Duration/String3", "int", 1, "int", 0)
$sMediaInfo = $aMediaInfoGet[0]
MsgBox("","",$sMediaInfo & @CRLF)
DllClose($hDLL)

The problem is that even if it works, I don't totally understand what I'm doing. :pirate:

if someone could explain what are the PTR, WSTR it would be great.

Processor

Edited by Processor

Ok Very last problem I guess:

the code in stand alone works great but in this format

select
       case msg=$toto

; Open Media Info dll
      $hDLL = DllOpen("MediaInfo.dll")
      ; New MediaInfo handle
      $aMediaInfo = DllCall($hDLL, "ptr", "MediaInfo_New")

; Open
      DllCall($hDLL, "dword", "MediaInfo_Open", "ptr", $hMediaInfo, "wstr", "C:\HNI_001.avi" ) ; Full path
      ; MediaInfo
      $aMediaInfoGet = DllCall($hDLL, "wstr", "MediaInfo_Get", "ptr", $hMediaInfo, "int", 0, "int", 0, "wstr", "Duration/String3", "int", 1, "int", 0)
      $sMediaInfo = $aMediaInfoGet[0]
      MsgBox("","",$sMediaInfo & @CRLF)
bla
bla
bla

return the following error:

==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

$hMediaInfo = $aMediaInfo^ ERROR

Thx by advance for the help