How to Change the Colors and Font Styles, etc, in Scite-Lite of v3.3.8.1 To Be Like It Used To Be Before v3.3.8.1?

Zohar

Hi

After installing AutoIt v3.3.8.1, I must say that it's really difficult for me to adapt to the Colors and Fonts Styles of v3.3.8.1.

The way it was in all prior versions, since I started using AutoIt several years ago, till v3.3.6.1, was perfect and distinct and clear.

How can I make it all be what it used to be?

(that is, without uninstalling v3.3.8.1 and re-installing v3.3.6.1)

Thank you

Zohar

Edited by Zohar

• Moderators

Zohar,

Those colours and fonts are set in SciTE - they have nothing to do with AutoIt itself. And BrewManNH showed you how to change them in your thread from yesterday. ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba :)

Those colours and fonts are set in SciTE - they have nothing to do with AutoIt itself.

You mean those changes were not done by the AutoIt team responsible for Scite integration to the AutoIt Installer?

And BrewManNH showed you how to change them in your thread from yesterday. ;)

BrewManNH indeed showed me how to change the colors and styles - via Editing the sciteuser.properties file,

however,

in order to make the colors and styles be like it used to be, I need the content of that file, that contains the data of previous versions..

So that's why I ask..

• Moderators

Zohar,

I mean that Jos decided to use a new default colour scheme in the latest release - it was discussed at length in one of the SciTE threads. The same colour scheme is now used in the forum when code is posted inside [autoit] tags. I do not like it much either, but then I just changed my own scheme to one I did like - without making a lot of fuss about it. ;)

Try the scheme that I use, it is pretty close to the original:

style.au3.32=style.*.32=$(font.base),back:#E6FFE9
caret.line.back=#FFFEBF
selection.fore=#006000
selection.alpha=50
selection.back=#EA7783
style.au3.34=fore:#0000FF,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.35=fore:#009933,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.0=fore:#000000,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.1=fore:#009933,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.2=fore:#669900,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.3=fore:#AC00A9,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.4=fore:#000090,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.5=fore:#0000FF,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.6=fore:#FF33FF,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.7=fore:#9999CC,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.8=fore:#FF0000,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.9=fore:#AA0000,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.10=fore:#FF8800,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.11=fore:#F000FF,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.12=fore:#A00FF0,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.13=fore:#FF0000,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.14=fore:#0000FF,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.15=fore:#0080FF,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9

Of course when you install the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package, you can adjust the SciTE colours very easily through the SciTEConfig tool. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I mean that Jos decided to use a new default colour scheme in the latest release

it was discussed at length in one of the SciTE threads.

The same colour scheme is now used in the forum when code is posted inside [autoit] tags.

I do not like it much either,

but then I just changed my own scheme to one I did like - without making a lot of fuss about it. ;)

The new colors scheme and styles are very difficult to read, much the opposite to the previous one which was great.

IMHO, when wanting to change something so fundamental, it would've been better if AutoIt users were offered a choice between the two,

a small setting, with 2 options(Old style, and New style).

(this is different from what Scite Full offers, which is to start editting each font and style individually.. most people don't like all this mess)

Try the scheme that I use, it is pretty close to the original:

style.au3.32=style.*.32=$(font.base),back:#E6FFE9
caret.line.back=#FFFEBF
selection.fore=#006000
selection.alpha=50
selection.back=#EA7783
style.au3.34=fore:#0000FF,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.35=fore:#009933,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.0=fore:#000000,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.1=fore:#009933,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.2=fore:#669900,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.3=fore:#AC00A9,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.4=fore:#000090,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.5=fore:#0000FF,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.6=fore:#FF33FF,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.7=fore:#9999CC,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.8=fore:#FF0000,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.9=fore:#AA0000,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.10=fore:#FF8800,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.11=fore:#F000FF,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.12=fore:#A00FF0,italics,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.13=fore:#FF0000,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.14=fore:#0000FF,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9
style.au3.15=fore:#0080FF,italics,bold,back:#E6FFE9

I went to Scite,

Menu: Options Open User Options File,

and pasted the settings you just gave me,

then saved the file,

then closed Scite, and re-run it.

And wow!!!

What a great improvement, like the good old styles!!! :) :)

It's very close to the original, and a huge relief for me, really.

(It was so hard for me with the new colors :( it took the fun out of coding it AutoIt)

Melba, allow me to ask,

If I want to ge the exact original colors and styles like it was till v3.3.6.1, how can I get it?

(I have the installer for AutoIt v3.3.6.1, I can install it on a Virtual Machine using VirtualBox..

However how can I extract this data? it does not exist there as a file.. as if it's built-in the EXE of the Scite editor..)

Thank you for your help man..

this is a huge help for me, I thought I will have to go back to v3.3.6.1, and lose the new features of v3.3.8.1 :(

Edited by Zohar

• Moderators

Zohar,

You have a choice - I have just shown you how easy it is to change the colours. And I will say yet again that if you have the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package you can change between colour schemes with a single mouse click (it also included the old scheme as an option). :)

And here it is: ;)

#Background
style.au3.32=style.*.32=$(font.base),back:#F0F4F9
#CaretLineBackground
caret.line.back=#FFFED8
# Brace highlight
style.au3.34=fore:#0000FF,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Brace incomplete highlight
style.au3.35=fore:#009933,italics,back:#F0F4F9
# White space
style.au3.0=fore:#000000,back:#F0F4F9
# Comment line
style.au3.1=fore:#009933,italics,back:#F0F4F9
# Comment block
style.au3.2=fore:#669900,italics,back:#F0F4F9
# Number
style.au3.3=fore:#AC00A9,italics,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Function
style.au3.4=fore:#000090,italics,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Keyword
style.au3.5=fore:#0000FF,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Macro
style.au3.6=fore:#FF33FF,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# String
style.au3.7=fore:#9999CC,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Operator
style.au3.8=fore:#FF0000,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Variable
style.au3.9=fore:#AA0000,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Sent keys
style.au3.10=fore:#FF8800,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Pre-Processor
style.au3.11=fore:#F000FF,italics,back:#F0F4F9
# Special
style.au3.12=fore:#A00FF0,italics,back:#F0F4F9
# Abbrev-Expand
style.au3.13=fore:#FF0000,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Com Objects
style.au3.14=fore:#0000FF,italics,bold,back:#F0F4F9
# Standard UDF's
style.au3.15=fore:#0080FF,italics,bold,back:#F0F4F9

Now go and install it and stop complaining about something that you get for free and which is maintained and improved by people in their own time for no reward. ;)

M23

Spoiler

this is a huge help for me, I thought I will have to go back to v3.3.6.1, and lose the new features of v3.3.8.1 :(

Really? That's the worst reason to revert to an older version of AutoIt, the colour scheme of SciTE.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Really?

Really really..

That's the worst reason to revert to an older version of AutoIt, the colour scheme of SciTE.

When yo use something for hours, for days, you want to feel comfortable with it.

The previous Font colors and Styles are great,

the new one is very difficult, in my personal opinion.

I was really suffering with it.

I really recommend adding some small setting, that lets users choose between Old/New one.

I believe many users suffer from the new Colros and Styles, yet not everyone have the time to go and start finding the workaaround to fix it to th good way it used to be.

Why make people suffer?

When a simple setting can let everyone choose the best kind he feels good with.

Zohar,

Maybe you will like this theme -

Hi AZJIO

Thank you, really beautiful theme.. (and much nicer than the one that we were forced to get with v3.3.8.1!)

I think that I need sometime back with the original Theme again,

and then after that, I will try the one you linked to..

Hi AZJIO

Thank you, really beautiful theme.. (and much nicer than the one that we were forced to get with v3.3.8.1!)

You act like a real prima-donna at times. You were not "forced" to use the colors, because they're easily changed, stop acting like the world/devs hate you and they're out to specifically make your life a living hell.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Zohar,

I have had enough of this - read what I said above: :mad:

stop complaining about something that you get for free and which is maintained and improved by people in their own time for no reward.

M23

Spoiler

• Developers

@zohar,

You are pretty much annoying me too with all your opinions about the standard Editor we supply for free totally preconfigured.

You are welcome to use it, but I prefer you don't when you cannot be bothered installing the Full version with all its flexibility and customisation options.

Now please stop asking all these questions and venting your opinion unless you are prepared to spend a little time first reading up on things.

Thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)