check timer against array values

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my head around a statement and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I have a timer that counts up, this is set to use 3 variables, $min, $sec and $milsec. I also have an array that has a number of times ie;

;count
$array[0][0] = 3
;Cue 1
$array[1][0] = 00 ;Min
$array[1][1] = 00 ;Sec
$array[1][2] = 5 ;Millisec
;Cue 2
$array[2][0] = 00 ;Min
$array[2][1] = 02 ;Sec
$array[2][2] = 3 ;Millisec
Cue 3
$array[3][0] = 01 ;Min
$array[3][1] = 03 ;Sec
$array[3][2] = 9 ;Millisec

As a demo I have only 3 entries but i'm thinking of running up to 200-300 timers in the array. I'm trying to create a statement that will check if the timer is the same as a timer in the array and run a function. The only way i can think of doing this would be to create a while loop when the timer is counting to check if the time is the same but I don't want to overload the program. ie.

$i = 1
While $i <= $linecount - 1
if $min == $array[$i][0] and $sec == $array[$i][1] $milsec == $array[$i][2] then
dofunc($i)
EndIf
$i = $i + 1
WEnd

Is there a better way to do this on a big array?

Perhaps _Timer_SetTimer might be a better way of going about it?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Comparing on the fly that many timestamps broken down in three variables will make the ms entries meaningless.

What I'd in your place is store timestamps in your array as ms so that you can compare way faster.

Now the mere idea of comparing down to ms may not be the best way, as 1ms resolution may prove too small to be reliable (remember that AutoIt isn't the fastest thing ever).

Also other roads exist, like BrewManNH just showed.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

With great difficulty I would presume.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm currently using the _Timer_SetTimer to set those variables. I could set it to go down the array and only move onto the next increment once the time has triggered, that would lighten the load on the script a bit.

I'm creating my own digital firework firing board. All of the other components are done, just need to get some code together to fire the cues from a CSV file in the right order, it all talks over serial, so autoit only has to start a timer and push a code though a COM port to the nodes. when shooting fireworks that millisecond counts!

I'm not sure that I'd trust AutoIt to be used for anything that might explode in my face if the timing is off. AutoIt's an interpreted script program, which means it's not very stable in regards to exact timing.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Well the idea of using these systems is so you don't have to be next to the pryo, its much safer than lighting by hand. The only reason I looked into it was a few people have made stopwatches and counters with it. So thought I would give it a go. Will need to look into using another language to program it in.

Thanks for your help..

I'm not sure there is a "language" which would like to monitor 200 timers.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I donno if this would be any help, i just quickly gutted it from my system script :)

#NoTrayIcon
Local $LockTime = 21599
SplashTextOn("Computer Lock Down", "Incorrect Password - Lock Down Enabled" & @CRLF & "Time Until Release" & @CRLF & "6 : 00 : 00" , 500, 125, -1, -1, 1, "", 20, 500)
AdlibRegister('LockTime', '1000')

while 1
sleep(10000)
WEnd

Func LockTime()
$LockTime -= ControlSetText("Computer Lock Down", "", "Static1", "Incorrect Password - Lock Down Enabled" & @CRLF & "Time Until Release" & @CRLF & Int($LockTime/3600) & " : " & Int(Mod($LockTime,3600)/60) & " : " & Mod(Mod($LockTime,3600),60))
If $LockTime = -1 Then $LockTime = 21599 * SplashOff()
EndFunc

Stores the time in ticks, and from that using maths u can get hour/min/sec. Using a alib reg to -1 tick every second. Extremely simple and very few lines of code :)

Edited by IanN1990

For this use I'd only store delta times (and port number?) in the array and [re]launch AdLibRegister call(s) with next entry of the array copied to global variable(s).

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

The idea behind it was to create an app that can read a csv from some software (final fireworks) with the times the cues meet to be set off at. My logic behind it was to create a system timer and when it hits a time from that file to sent a packet out with the info for that cue.

Am I looking at this the wrong way around? I could try to set up smaller timers with the difference between each cue.

Easy: just do the time delta on the fly when reading the .CSV and have delta accumulated somewhere to know how long it's supposed to last overall.

That alone will greatly simplify your life/script.

Also it has an added bonus: should you have to sync the firework to a music of given duration or make it fit a strict different duration, just compute the expansion/compression ratio needed and that's it. Would be much more cumbersome or CPU demanding otherwise.

Make it simpler. I don't know which time format your .CSV input uses, but convert each time into a number of ms, then store the difference with what the previous entry gave. These are your delta times, direct in ms which you store in an array on the fly.

Try to come up with something for this part and post here if you're stuck.

azaonline,

Can you post a representation of the CSV file? I am envisioning a file with each line being a firing sequence (target by time interval), each one initiated manually.

Is this how it works?

0000 - start, signal device 1,9,13

0003 - at plus 0003 signal device 5

0004 - at plus 0004 signal device 2,10,11

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill