Context Menu Help

LurchMan

Hello Everyone -

I'm trying to get a context menu to show up on a list view control. Every thing appears to be working with it except it wont build the context menu. Can someone help me? This is a stripped down version of what I'm working with but it has everything related to the context menu and list view control. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

#Include <GuiListView.au3>
#Include <winapi.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1)
Global $sigs_yes, $sigs_no, $context
Global $bMenuActive = False
$Form1 = GUICreate("Example", 466, 580, 0, 0)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit")
$hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create ($Form1, "", 8, 16, 138, 382)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES))
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView, "Col1", 85)
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView, "Col2", 85)
_GUICtrlListView_AddItem ($hListView, "Testing")
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")
Global $B_DESCENDING[_GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView)]
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
Sleep (100)
WEnd
Func _Exit ()
Exit
EndFunc
Func _BuildMenu ($hcontrol, $text)
If $bMenuActive = True Then GUICtrlDelete ( $context )
$bMenuActive = True
ConsoleWrite($text & @LF)
Switch $hcontrol
  Case $hListView
   $ID = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hcontrol)
   $context = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu ($ID)
   ConsoleWrite($context & @LF)
   $sigs = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Signatures", $context)
   $sigs_yes = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem ("Yes", $sigs)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, "_contextmenu")
   $sigs_no = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem ("No", $sigs)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, "_contextmenu")
EndSwitch
EndFunc
Func _contextmenu ()
Switch @GUI_CtrlId
  Case $sigs_yes
   $iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices ($hListView)
   _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($hListView, $iIndex, "Yes", 1)
  Case $sigs_no
   $iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices ($hListView)
   _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($hListView, $iIndex, "No", 1)
EndSwitch
GUICtrlDelete ( $context )
$bMenuActive = False
EndFunc
Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam
Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo
$hWndListView1 = $hListView
$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam)
$hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
$iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom")
$iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
Switch $hWndFrom
  Case $hWndListView1
   Switch $iCode
    Case $NM_RCLICK
     $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMITEMACTIVATE, $ilParam)
     $selectedtext = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText ($hWndListView1, DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Index"))
     $contextMenu_LV = $hWndListView1
     _BuildMenu ($hWndListView1, $selectedtext)
   EndSwitch
EndSwitch
Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

hello, autoit code tags make it much easier to see the code. :P

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Replace this line

with these two lines and it will work

$idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 8, 16, 138, 382)

$hListView = ControlGetHandle( $Form1, "", $idListView )

_WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID() only returns an AutoIt controlID (as GUICtrlCreateContextMenu() needs) if the listview is created as a native control.

Now you can skip _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID() and use $idListView directly.

Lars.

• Moderators

LurchMan,

I am pretty sure that ListView (and certainly TreeView) items do not return a ControlID when queried by _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID - you are certainly getting 0 returned in your script. I seem to remember rover producing some of his usual esoteric code a while back - I will see if I can find it for you.

M23

Edit: Take a look here and here

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I don't believe a normal context menu can be created on a UDF created listview/listview item. GUICtrlContextMenuCreate requires an AutoIt control ID, a UDF created listview and the items in them don't have control IDs just handles.

though old, should give you some ideas to work with.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Replace this line

with these two lines and it will work

$idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 8, 16, 138, 382)

$hListView = ControlGetHandle( $Form1, "", $idListView )

_WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID() only returns an AutoIt controlID (as GUICtrlCreateContextMenu() needs) if the listview is created as a native control.

Now you can skip _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID() and use $idListView directly.

Lars.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunatly I know this is a solution however I need to use the UDF version of the Listview for another section of this script that inserts colored boxes next to some of these items. I was unable to get this function to work on windows 7 using the native Listview functions. I apologize, I should have stated this earlier.

Edit: Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm going to attempt to use BrewManNH's idea that he was able to show me.

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

I don't believe a normal context menu can be created on a UDF created listview/listview item. GUICtrlContextMenuCreate requires an AutoIt control ID, a UDF created listview and the items in them don't have control IDs just handles.

though old, should give you some ideas to work with.

Thank you so much for this information!! This was able to give me exactly what I needed!

But as long as you have the handle you can use all the functions in the UDF. Or am I wrong?

Are there any differences in these two scenarios.

First:

$idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView( "", 8, 16, 138, 382 )

$hListView = ControlGetHandle( $hGui, "", $idListView )

Do all the rest with functions from the UDF

Second:

$hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create( $hGui, "", 8, 16, 138, 382 )

Except that in the first scenario you have a ControlId, and it can often be useful.

I would like to know that.

Regards Lars.

But as long as you have the handle you can use all the functions in the UDF. Or am I wrong?

Are there any differences in these two scenarios.

First:

$idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView( "", 8, 16, 138, 382 )

$hListView = ControlGetHandle( $hGui, "", $idListView )

Second:

$hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create( $hGui, "", 8, 16, 138, 382 )

Except that in the first scenario you have a ControlId, and it can often be useful.

I would like to know that.

Regards Lars.

There are major differences between the native functions and the UDF functions. If I was to explain it I would probably be wrong but I do know there are major differences between the two and what you can do with them. I generally try to only use the UDF functions or only use the native functions as I have experienced some unwanted behavior when mixing the two.

It will depend on what you're doing with the controls as to whether it's easy to mix them or not. Most of the time you shouldn't have a problem mixing the two, you just have to make sure you don't treat the UDF controls as if they're native controls.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator