'Automating' the microphone

Hey all, I was wondering if there is a way to "automate" the microphone in an output way. Meaning, is there a way to write a function that will force a track to be played and sent to the microphone? Basically, instead of having to say a specific thing on the microphone over and over again, is there a way to automate the microphone to send a recorded track? Not sure if what Im asking makes sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Moderators

As the microphone is just an input device, can you explain more about why you would want to send pre-recorded sound to the microphone? Are you trying to pipe something through the microphone into another application, or get it to play on the speakers?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

If your audio output (speaker) is close to your input (mic), then you can use microsofts voice api.

something like:

$obj = ObjCreate ("SAPI.SpVoice")

$obj.Speak "Something"

edit: oh, that won't solve your issue :)

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

create the wav file, and use a hot key to play it?

EDIT - or maybe that is not what you are looking for?

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

You're missing the point. Sending output (sound from the computer) to a device expecting input (microphone sending sound to the computer), is going to end up in feedback if anything. It sounds as though what you want to do is take a sound file, and pipe that into your VOIP software, e.g:

• Script picks up soft phone on ring.
  • Script plays automated greeting.
  • Script hands access of the VOIP software off to your headset.

Is this closer to what you mean?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I piped the audio output to the mic input on my sound card (something like that anyway). Male to male connector and a y double female. Then I generated a phone number list, a mad-lib generator and called my friends all day with random computer voice and rate with my computer. I got some attention.

EDIT: Oh yeah the Y was so I could still hook the stereo speakers into the audio output.

Edited by Xandy

You can use a combination of programs to do this. You can set up a virtual audio cable (VAC) and then set that as the received input for the program you use. A good way to get some videos and methods on this is to search Google for "Play music over Ventrio" or "Play music over TeamSpeak." While it's not the exact program you are looking for they will give you the guides to setting up a VAC and routing it into another program.