Change screen settings

Is there a known way to just change an ini file or something to change screen settings?

My graphics card only supports dvi & hdmi or dvi & vga

So when i want to watch videos on my tv, i have to disconnect the vga and connect the hdmi.

I click a few buttons, wait a few secs, and okay.

But is there a file, a registry key or something i can use to do this?

Any suggestions are apriciated.

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

There are adapters for the DVI port on the card so that you can connect a standard 15 pin VGA connector to it, wouldn't that be easier?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Also if you are running windows 7, there is a hotkey, like Win+p or win+x that lets you quickly switch to an external monitor. But I don't know if it can help with your particular setup.

Here is a script for enumerating monitors for use with the above MSDN stuff.

Edited by DicatoroftheUSA

There are adapters for the DVI port on the card so that you can connect a standard 15 pin VGA connector to it, wouldn't that be easier?

I do not think that will work, as there is dvi-d and dvi-i, dvi-d and hdmi support HDCP drm. VGA or dvi-i (as analog) does not, that is probably the root of the limitation.

(how is that for acronym hell)

Edited by DicatoroftheUSA

I think you've misunderstood my problem.

I have 3 screens.

One main screen connected all the time, one secondary screen connect most of the time and one TV connected when i wanna watch movies or something.

My setup currently works fine, there is no problems with it.

But if i want to change to the TV i have to disconnct my secondary screen because my pc only supports either the VGA or the HDMI.

And to change i have to go in to screen settings, select my VGA, select disconnect, select the HDMI set it to duplicate whats on the main screen and hit ok.

then i have to do something along thoose lines to revert it.

If i could automate that, then i would be happy.

Also if you are running windows 7, there is a hotkey, like Win+p or win+x that lets you quickly switch to an external monitor. But I don't know if it can help with your particular setup.

No it doesn't sadly.

Thanks for your suggestions, i'll look into them!

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]