do not move my topic to general help forum - but here it is anyway!

hi my friends

i am desirable person because of i am beginner in autoitscript. also People differ levels in mental capacity and I approve that I am not a genius . therefor i write my topic in this forum for getting your help and i can not post any thing in general help forum because of maybe admin melba give me block

can you help me in making tool that contain 2 buttons

lock (folder or file)

unlock(folder or file)

my script is not complete

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
$form = GUICreate("", 149, 131, 247, 164)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("block", 32, 64, 75, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("unbblock", 32, 96, 75, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $Button1
              Local $var = FileSelectFolder("Choose a folder.", "")

If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096, "", "No Folder(s) chosen")
    Else
                Example_1()
                Func Example_1()
         Local $sFilePath = ($var)

Local $hLock = LockFile($sFilePath, 1)
    Local $hLock = FileOpen($sFilePath, 2)
    EndIf
    EndFunc
  Case $Button2
EndSwitch
WEnd

there is attached image for block

post-70662-0-80609000-1358828577_thumb.p

Edited by Melba23
Amended thread title

If Melba23 did block you it's probably for good reason, perhaps the stupid code you keep posting or something.

You have been knocking around these forums for almost a year, and you put a function in a message loop?

Are you just trying to have some fun?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

forever0donotknowme,

therefor i write my topic in this forum for getting your help and i can not post any thing in general help forum because of maybe admin melba give me block

So you decide to post an AutoIt related question in the section clearly marked "General non-AutoIt chat". Well, I am totally in agreement with your other statement:

I am not a genius

Why on earth would I "block" you if you post in the "General Help" section? Admittedly you have caused me more work than most forum members - I have had to lock some multiple threads started by you on the same subject and a couple of times I have closed threads where I considered that you were not asking serious questions or not taking any note of the answers given to you - but you have done nothing which would warrant any form of sanction. :)

So, despite your pleas, I have moved this thread to where it should be - "General Help". I would also counsel against making any more stupid accusations about Moderator behaviour - we try to act fairly and certainly have no problem with people posting "beginner" questions in the correct place - I often answer them myself as I understand perfectly that we were all beginners at some point. But do you not see that it is your own erratic behaviour that brings you to the attention of the Moderating team? Behave normally and, like the majority of people here, you will not have anything to do with us when we are wearing our Mod hats. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I like to know what a function is.

Start with reading http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/lang_functions.htm

can any one complete this script

They could, but won't. As they know that if they do, you will only keep spamming more "complete my script" posts, instead of learning how to do it yourself.

Plus, nobody likes to help apparently spoiled brats. (Shape up or ship out comes to my mind.)

[spelling]

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

For anyone interested they're using my LockFile UDF, though failed to mention this in their support question.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

I still think he does this on purpose, with no real desire for a coding solution, mewling for attention.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Probably.

Don't mind giving OP some more attention.

hi my friends

i am desirable person because of i am beginner in autoitscript. also People differ levels in mental capacity and I approve that I am not a genius . therefor i write my topic in this forum for getting your help and i can not post any thing in general help forum because of maybe admin melba give me block

Neg: Pretending to be a general know, and liked, forum member.

Neg: Pretending to be a kid by not capitalizing the first letter on new sentences.

Neg: Derailing own topic from the start by starting with a complain/rant not relative to intended subject.

Neg: Posting code with obvious stupid indentation. (probably deliberate, as you need to switch from advanced editor mode to basic editor mode to maintain indentation. ... Last time I checked.)

Neg: No note about using a, and which, (bad) translator. (Double or even triple neg if no translator was used.)

Neg: Not capitalizing a user name.

Neg: Not using correct user name.

Neg: Not capitalizing a moderator name.

Neg: Not capitalizing Melba23's name.

Ignoring potential lack of credit case. As Guinness forgot to add a (easy to follow) reverence link.

(Nope. Signature also to hard for me, if its in there. (Disabled on this side).)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Its obvious English is not the OPs first language. He may be having trouble reading the helpfile for he CAN'T read it. Second, if he doesn't understand English much at all, the training videos, helpfile, and other resources that are written in English are not much help. Third, considering the first two points here - correcting the blokes grammer, and how he spells things is pointless.

Edited by YogiBear

• Moderators

Its obvious English is not the OPs first language. He may be having trouble reading the helpfile for he CAN'T read it. Second, if he doesn't understand English much at all, the training videos, helpfile, and other resources that are written in English are not much help. Third, considering the first two points here - correcting the blokes grammer, and how he spells things is pointless.

My last derailing of this topic, honest:

Agree with you completely; we have many members for whom English is not the first language. But this particular member's history shows that he will make inane requests, and then refuse the advice and assistance given. It is not so much this topic rather than my past dealings with him that lead me to believe this behavior is deliberate.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

this is forum for help ,, not chat

Ah good. Glad Melba got that sorted.

I (and another member also) pointed out you cannot have a function in the middle of your While loop. You then asked what a function was and got two responses, I gave a very strong hint that it was a Func tion, and another user also linked you to the helpfile page for functions. Given that information, you should be able to identify the function in your code, whilst keeping the actual code of the function intact. I even gave you the clue that only three lines needed to be removed. Given that two of them will have "Func" in them, and the other one is calling your function, there really is nothing to it.

And I'm not even going to summarise the help you got trying to include LockFile. Short of giving you the code, there isn't much more we can do. And we aren't going to give you the code, because that's not how we roll.

I haven't seen the result of your attempts yet. It's a bit like learning to ride a bike. We could ride the bike while you sit on our shoulders. But we'd break our backs while you get to your destination but don't learn anything.

Edited by Mat

Ah good. Glad Melba got that sorted.

I (and another member also) pointed out you cannot have a function in the middle of your While loop. You then asked what a function was and got two responses, I gave a very strong hint that it was a Func tion, and another user also linked you to the helpfile page for functions. Given that information, you should be able to identify the function in your code, whilst keeping the actual code of the function intact. I even gave you the clue that only three lines needed to be removed. Given that two of them will have "Func" in them, and the other one is calling your function, there really is nothing to it.

And I'm not even going to summarise the help you got trying to include LockFile. Short of giving you the code, there isn't much more we can do. And we aren't going to give you the code, because that's not how we roll.

I haven't seen the result of your attempts yet. It's a bit like learning to ride a bike. We could ride the bike while you sit on our shoulders. But we'd break our backs while you get to your destination but don't learn anything.

thanks my sir

i will try to make full script