Deleting rows out of excel through _ExcelReadSheetToArray

• Moderators

Admittedly, I have not done much with the Excel UDF, though what little I have used it has always worked flawlessly. The issue I am encountering below I am pretty sure is more due to the way I am handling the array rather than Excel, but would appreciate any suggestions.

I am reading the necessary rows and colums from a spreadsheet (attached) into an array. I am then cycling through the array to delete rows if they meet certain criteria. I am currently using Ubound, but don't believe I am doing so correctly as the script fails to grab all the rows that match the criteria. I have always stayed away from ReDim, but is this a case where I would have to use it?

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>

$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen(@DesktopDir & "\ACC.xls", 1)
Local $aArray = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel, 1, 1, 0, 3)

For $i = 1 To UBound($aArray) -1
Select
Case StringInStr($aArray[$i][2], "Citrix")
    _ExcelRowDelete($oExcel, $i)
Case StringInStr($aArray[$i][2], "Microsoft")
EndSelect
Next

ACC.xls

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

This works for me

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>

Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen(@DesktopDir & "\ACC.xls", 1)

For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0]
    Select
    EndSelect
Next

_ExcelBookClose($oExcel, 1)

Edit: It isn't as when it deletes the row it's mismatched. Give me 5 mins to tinker unless water the Excel master pops by.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Wouldn't you need to do the loop in reverse? If you delete a row, then the refences will be out of wack between the sheet and your array.

Or, instead of even using the array, why not loop through the sheet it's self?

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

going backwards through your loop seemed to work

edit: late as usual

[size=4]#include <Array.au3>[/size]
#include <Excel.au3>

$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen(@ScriptDir & "\ACC.xls", 1)

For $i = UBound($aArray) -1 to 1 step -1
Select
EndSelect
Next
Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

That was my first attempt at it. Unfortunately, I get the same results - not all rows containing "Citrix", or all rows containing "Microsoft", are deleted. There are 6 rows matching "Citrix" and 37 matching "Microsoft", but only a total of 36 are deleted.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

I hadn't thought of a reverse loop; that worked great. I need to spend more time thinking outside the box it seems. Thanks, all.

#include <Excel.au3>

Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen(@DesktopDir & "\ACC.xls", 1)

Local $iOffset = 0 ; Offset var.
For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0]
    If StringInStr($aArray[$i][2], "Citrix", 2) Then
        _ExcelRowDelete($oExcel, $i - $iOffset)
        $iOffset += 1
    EndIf
    If StringInStr($aArray[$i][2], "Microsoft", 2) Then
        _ExcelRowDelete($oExcel, $i - $iOffset)
        $iOffset += 1
    EndIf
Next

_ExcelBookClose($oExcel, 0)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Moderators

Thanks, guinness. I changed it to case sensitive ("ATI" was deleting rows with the word "installation" in them), and this method works great as well.

I like the reverse loop, but for me it's just easier to understand with a "normal" loop. Great it works.

Yeh, I don't know what I added the case-insensitive flag.

UDF List:

this would be a way without the excel udf directly with the excel object model

;~ 'VBA
;~ '    ws.Range("$A$1:$F$86").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=*Microsoft*", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=*Citrix*"
;~ '    ws.Range("A2", Range("A2").End(xlDown)).Delete Shift:=xlUp
;~ '    ws.Cells.AutoFilter
const $cXLOR=2
const $cTrue=-1
const $cFalse=0
const $cxlDown=-4121
const $cxlUP=-4162

Local $file = "acc.xls"
Local $xlApp = objcreate("excel.application")

$xlapp.visible=$cTrue

$wb = $xlapp.workbooks.open($file,$cFalse, $cTrue)
$ws = $wb.worksheets(1)
$ws.Range("$A$1:$F$86").AutoFilter(2,"=*Microsoft*", $cxlOr, "=*Citrix*")
$ws.Range("A2", $ws.Range("A2").End($cxlDown)).Delete($cXLUP)
$ws.Cells.AutoFilter

;~ $wb.close(0)