How to save the notepad file on desktop and also send that file to my email address

AAM

Hi.

A1: there is a BACKSLASH required to separate path from file name:

@desktopcommondir & "abcd.txt"

A2: to send emails with attachments (for my needs almost always some log files) I use BLAT.EXE + function "fileinstall()" to get a local, temporary copy of blat.exe, that I use from my autoit scripts.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

You are maybe getting a bit complicated

There is no requirement of Notepad Automation

Create a txt file and send it as an attachment

For creating and writing in a file see FileOpen FileWrite

For sending the file as an attachment (you should have a email account) go here

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.