How to send .txt file to the email address

AAM

as an attachment,

for sending through your gmail account see my signature

orelse search the forum for "SMTP Mailer that supports Attachments" by jos

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Which mail program do you use (Outlook ...)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

How can i email the .txt file.

I honestly don't think you could have provided less information if you tried. Please explain in detail what you are trying to accomplish, and with what email application.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

i am using outlook programm.

actually i want to send the .txt file to my email address.

WinWaitActive("Notepad", "")

Send("!s")

WinWaitActive("Save As", "")

Sleep (1000)

; Send the name we found was next in line

Send("C:tempresultsabcd.text")

Sleep(1000)

Send("!s")

By using the above script i can save my .txt file.now i don't know how to send this file to my email address

• Moderators

When you say "send this file to my email address", do you mean email it to yourself as an attachment, or do you mean email the text file from your address to someone else?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi.

iirc there is an UDF (User Defined Function) that allowes to send email with attachments.

I personally use BLAT.EXE ( -> google). Use the function "FileInstall()" to get a local copy at a temporary location, then use BLAT to send your emails. Fast, reliable, just the "fileinstall()" isn't that nice ;)

Note: with _INetSmtpMail() some mail systems (including Exchange 2010) require the parameter $s_first = -1 to be set, for other mail systems this value is a show stopper. That's the main reason, why I personally use BLAT: it *ALWAYS* works as a charm.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

You could use my OutlookEX UDF (for download see my signature). There is a wrapper function _OL_Wrapper_SendMail for easy sending of a file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sure:

#include <OutlookEx.au3>
$oOL = _OL_Open()
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Test", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
$sTo = "recipients mail address"
$sSubject = "Subject of the mail"
$sBody = "Body text of the mail"
$sAttachments = "C:\temp\results\abcd.text"
_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOL, $sTo, "", "", $sSubject, $sBody, $sAttachments)
If @error <> 0 Then MsgBox(16, "Test", "Error sending mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
_OL_Close($oOL)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi MVP .It doesn't seem to work for me? i got an error message that can't open #include <OutlookEx.au3> and also _ol_open ,_ol_wrapper_sendmail and _ol_close are undefined function.can u please help me with that?

Did you download OutlookEx.au3 from my signature and unpack the ZIP file to a location where SciTE can find the include?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Click on the "Download" link in line "OutlookEX (2012-10-07 - Version 0.9.0.0 released) - - - - Wiki", then unpack the ZIP file.

There is a readme file which explains what to do with the content of the ZIP file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

BTW: My name on the forum is "water", my title is "MVP".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Then your Firewall, AntiVirus software or whatever is blocking zip files.

Can you download the UDF at home and put it on a USB stick?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki