Label Control Not showing at Runtime.......

hogfan

Ok, this one has me about to pull my hair out. I have an autoit application I created and have been maintaining for over a year. Recently, whenever I add a new label control everything looks good at design time, but when I run the script the labels are not even visible. Looking at them in KODA, I am able to see the labels named properly under the treeview for the form, and if I select them in the treeview, they show as selected on the form. I have ensured that in the properties they are enabled and set to visible. I can try recreating the label with a totally different name and the same thing happens. However, I can add several other labels and they display just fine. This makes absolutely no sense to me. The properties of the working labels match the properties of the ones that don't display at runtime. Has anybody else run into this strange issue and have a solution? Thanks for any assistance with this.

-hogfan

• Moderators

hogfan,

Without the code or (better) a small reproducer script we would just be whistling in the dark. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Did a little digging into the form code. I'm using the labels in a tabcontrol with multiple tabs. Koda was putting the labels at the end of the section for the specific tab. When I moved it to the top of the section for the tab it shows up. Looks like a possible bug in Koda. Very strange.

-hogfan