Activesync

Need a little help. I am using MS ActiveSync to transfer files from the PC to a pocket PC and have a separate program that handles that without too much issue. My problem resides in needing a way to verify that an Live ActiveSync connection is present on running. The end user DOES NOT have the ability to see the taskbar or the ActiveSync GUI interface this is all in the background and the end user CANNOT bring this into view. Due to restrictions on the end user they cannot have access to the taskbar or the actual MS Active sync GUI.

Thanks in advance for any and all help......

Hey,

Can you acces your pocket PC files using windows explorer with a path like "My Pocket PCfoldersubfolder" when activesync is active?

If the answer is yes, then it's easy. Locate a file that always exists on your pocket PC, like a system file or something.

Let's say the file path is "My pocket PCWindowsutility.dll"

Use:

$temp = FileExists("My pocket PC\Windows\utility.dll")

If the file is found, $temp = 1. So if activesync is on, $temp = 1

If the file is not found, $temp = 0. So if activesync is off, $temp = 0

Edited by Neutro

I tired that maybe im pointing in the wrong spot to access the actuall device i have the following...

Do
$temp = FileExists("My Windows Mobile-Based Device\Windows\utils.dll")
SplashTextOn("Markdowns", "Waiting for Connection with Markdown unit...", "300", "75", "-1", "50", 0, "Arial Black", "12", "700")
Sleep(1000)
Until $temp = 1