Proper method to compile resources

So I have made a great application I would like to share with my friends. Instead of having a tacky, 1990's-esque archive containing the executable and resources, I would really like to compile the resources into the application. I have searched and searched and I can neither get the resources.au3 listed <a href=" nor the implementation described <a href="http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/AutoIt3Wrapper.htm">Here</a> I have also tried to make it work by using ResourceCompiler, Resource Hacker and adding the icon, but that seems to break the executable as it is compressed. I have also had no luck with AutoIt3Wrapper.exe (yes I have tried some .inf combinations...) I have tried and tried many different ways with different methods and ways to do this to no avail. It should really be as simple as this:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=Down.ico

$btnDown = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 76, 128, 30, 30, $BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, @ScriptFullPath, -5)

But it would appear the compiler completely ignores the #AutoIt3Wrapper stuff of any kind

so then the:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=Down.ico, rt_rcdata, Down_Img
(I have also tried _Res_Icon_Add= and the variations of  RT_FILE and BS_FILE with both, but never added this line to code :P)
#Include <resources.au3>

$btnDown = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 76, 128, 30, 30, $RT_ICON)
[color=#0000ff]_ResourceSetImageToCtrl[/color]($btnDown, Down_Img)

Doesn't work because

it would appear the compiler completely ignores the #AutoIt3Wrapper stuff of any kind

It took me 30 minutes to make my first application and it works great. It's taken me 4.5 hours of tinkering with this before I finally gave up and decided to post something about my endeavors. It pains me to say it but here we are, Please Help

Just a question: What do you use for compiling? Aut2Exe or AutoIt3Wrapper from Scite4Autoit3 Package?

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

I tried to use the AutoIt3Wrapper.exe buried deep in the bowels of the downloads, but that didn't work. currently, Aut2Exe. I'm assuming I've made a fool of myself, how do you use it? I downloaded it because I couldn't find it in the program files directory

Edited by kruftindustries

The easiest way to go is to download the full SciTE installation. Just download the first item here: http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

This includes all the tools and makes life much easier. It's so useful that everyone uses it, and we make the mistake (very often) of assuming you are running it.

Once that's downloaded, open the script up in it and hit F7. Should all work out alright.

I installed it again and it's still using +>09:52:55 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0) from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3

+>09:52:55 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:UsersNickDeskt....au3" /out "C:UsersNickDes..." /nopack /icon "C:UsersNickDesktop..." /comp 2

+>09:52:56 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.7.0.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\upx.exe"

It seems as though this stops working after 10 .ico files are added. Is there a way to allow more? Also, It's distorting them, so I'm assuming it resizes them to 32x32 if they are not.

Edit: The stop working after 10 was my fault. Been up all night tinkering on this, time for bed :D

Edited by kruftindustries