[SOLVED] Need RegEx Help

Hi,

I have text like this:

OK

+AKJA: 4

+LAKLSK: 2,"blablablabla:098912983912 blblas blasab lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#",0

Those 3 lines are in 1 variable.

From above example, I want a RegEx that produce "098912983912"

The valid number can be 9~13 long AND always start with 0

If the number start with 62 then replace the 62 with 0

If found more than 1 result (like example above, it is 098912983912 and 023456721212, then the valid one is the one that not start with *)

Seems very complicated for me :(

Edited by michaelslamet

Well, not all of that is possible with regex alone.

First step is get the pattern for 9-13 digits starting with either a 0 or 62: (62d{7,11}|0d{8,12})

Things you need to know: | is a group () matches either the left side OR the right side. {x,y} matches the previous match repeated between x and y times. d matches any digit (0-9)

Next is to get the asterisk before (if it exists). Now this is where the easiest way is two do two regexs. The first to match it without a *, then next to match it with. We do this by using [^*], which matches the class of anything other than a *. We have to escape the asterisk (so its *) as its also a special character in regex.

So my final script looks something like:

#include <Constants.au3>

Local $sInput = "OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        "+AKJA: 4" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        "+LAKLSK: 2,""blablablabla:098912983912 blblas blasab lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#"",0"

Local $aRes = StringRegExp($sInput, "[^\*](62\d{7,11}|0\d{8,12})", 3)

If @error Then
    $aRes = StringRegExp($sInput, "(62\d{7,11}|0\d{8,12})", 3)

If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite("No matches!" & @LF)
        Exit 1
    EndIf
EndIf

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, Default, "Match found: " & $aRes[0])

You will have to replace the 62 with 0 in code. I don't think there is any way to do that with regex.

I hope you can understand the regex. They are complex, but very powerful. There is probably a way to do the above in a single regular expression, but I'm not nearly good enough for that.

You can use lookarounds to check for asterisk

Here is an Example

#include <Array.au3>
;Keypoint : Return the 9-13 digits Number which is not preceded by a star and if having '62' as the starting replace it with a '0'

$String = "OK" & @CRLF & _
"+AKJA: 4" & @CRLF & _
'+LAKLSK: 2,"blablablabla:098912983912 blblas blasab 621234567890 *0626897532158 lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#",0'

;First lets replace the 62 with a 0 if possible
$String = StringRegExpReplace( $String, '(?<!\*)(62)(\d{7,11})', '0\2' )

;~ ConsoleWrite( $String & @CR )

Local $aRet = StringRegExp( $String, '(?<!\*)(0\d{8,12})', 3 )

_ArrayDisplay( $aRet )
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

@cheapbydre,

are you advertising here..!

Edit: maybe the cheapbydre deleted his posted

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Well, not all of that is possible with regex alone.

First step is get the pattern for 9-13 digits starting with either a 0 or 62: (62d{7,11}|0d{8,12})

Things you need to know: | is a group () matches either the left side OR the right side. {x,y} matches the previous match repeated between x and y times. d matches any digit (0-9)

Next is to get the asterisk before (if it exists). Now this is where the easiest way is two do two regexs. The first to match it without a *, then next to match it with. We do this by using [^*], which matches the class of anything other than a *. We have to escape the asterisk (so its *) as its also a special character in regex.

So my final script looks something like:

#include <Constants.au3>

Local $sInput = "OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        "+AKJA: 4" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        "+LAKLSK: 2,""blablablabla:098912983912 blblas blasab lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#"",0"

Local $aRes = StringRegExp($sInput, "[^\*](62\d{7,11}|0\d{8,12})", 3)

If @error Then
    $aRes = StringRegExp($sInput, "(62\d{7,11}|0\d{8,12})", 3)

If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite("No matches!" & @LF)
        Exit 1
    EndIf
EndIf

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, Default, "Match found: " & $aRes[0])

You will have to replace the 62 with 0 in code. I don't think there is any way to do that with regex.

I hope you can understand the regex. They are complex, but very powerful. There is probably a way to do the above in a single regular expression, but I'm not nearly good enough for that.

Hi Mat, thanks a lot for your help and explanation :)

It's working great except that when it found some series number, if the length is not 9~13 then it the number should not valid.

For example, this string:

OK

+LAKLSK: 2,"blablablabla:0989129839120000000 blblas blasab lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#",0

Should return "023456721212" because the length of the first series number (0989129839120000000) is not between 9~13, so we will take second series number (023456721212) even if it start with *

The length of those numbers should be after replace "62" with "0"

Edited by michaelslamet

You can use lookarounds to check for asterisk

Here is an Example

#include <Array.au3>
;Keypoint : Return the 9-13 digits Number which is not preceded by a star and if having '62' as the starting replace it with a '0'

$String = "OK" & @CRLF & _
"+AKJA: 4" & @CRLF & _
'+LAKLSK: 2,"blablablabla:098912983912 blblas blasab 621234567890 *0626897532158 lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#",0'

;First lets replace the 62 with a 0 if possible
$String = StringRegExpReplace( $String, '(?<!\*)(62)(\d{7,11})', '0\2' )

;~ ConsoleWrite( $String & @CR )

Local $aRet = StringRegExp( $String, '(?<!\*)(0\d{8,12})', 3 )

_ArrayDisplay( $aRet )

The master of RegEx is here :)

"62" should be replaced with "0" only if the "62" is found in the first and second character in that series of number.

Also, using this string:

OK

+LAKLSK: 2,"blablablabla:0989129839120000000 blblas blasab lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#",0

Should return "023456721212" because the length of the first series number (0989129839120000000) is not between 9~13, so we will take second series number (023456721212) even if it start with *

The length of those numbers should be after replace "62" with "0"

Thanks, PhoenixXL!

its better to specify the conditions beforehand

Now this is what I get

Priorities

• The digits should be 9-13 {if 62 is there in first index or second its len is considered as 1[coz it will be replaced by a "0"] }

• Now find the digits that don't precede a asterisk, if such a condition is not found then check for the digits with an asterisk even
Now I have some questions
  • You have two conflicting cases that is - the range of digits should be 9 - 13 but you are asking to match the digits present here "*229*023456721212#", So do you mean to match such cases where there is a non-digit bw the digits or a horizontal space
  • Plus do you want to return a global match or just a single match
  • Im still confused are you regarding your 9-13 numbers range including "62" and "0" or not
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

The master of RegEx is here

Their words not mine.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Till the information

#include <Array.au3>

;Im assuming that 62 and 0 is included in the count of the integers
#cs
098989898 : Match
6231231234 : Match after replacing 62 to 0 the number is still 9 digits
0623123123 : Match after replacing 062 with 00 the number is still 9 digits
1623123123 : No Match because 62 being in second index will get replaced but the starting is 1 hence the number is not captured
*023456721212 : Match when no other match is found
#ce

Local $sString = "blablablabla:0989129839120000000 blblas blasab lblablablsa *334*no okoakdo#, kjadla : *229*023456721212#"

_Main( $sString )

Func _Main($String)
;Find 62 in First Index, when found replace with a 0
$String = StringRegExpReplace($String, "(\D|^)(62)(\d{7,11})(\D|$)", '${1}0\3\4')

;Find 062 in Second Index, when found replace with a 0
$String = StringRegExpReplace($String, "(\D|^)(062)(\d{6,10})(\D|$)", '${1}00\3\4')

ConsoleWrite($String & @CR)

Local $aRet = StringRegExp($String, "(?:\D|^)(?<!\*)(0\d{8,12})(?:\D|$)", 3)
If @error Then $aRet = StringRegExp($String, "(?:\D|^)(0\d{8,12})(?:\D|$)", 3)

_ArrayDisplay($aRet)

EndFunc   ;==>_Main

If this doesnt fulfill the conditions please do answer my questions..!

Regards

Phoenix XL

My code:

• 2 weeks later...