Simple script to find files and give file size sum

BadGrim

Hello all,

I'm kinda stuck on a very simple task.

I have this small piece of code to find files and report the file size.

In the end, Im going to use it to search specific folders, exclude certain file extensions and report.

But I'm drawing a blank on how to give the total sum of the FileGetSize while running it through.

Please help :-)

#include <Array.au3>
#include "RecFileListToArray.au3"
$aList = _RecFileListToArray(@UserProfileDir&"\documents", "*.*", 1, 1, 0, 2)
For $i = 1 To $aList[0]
Local $iFile = $aList[$i]
MsgBox(4096, $iFile, $iFile)
$iSize = FileGetSize($aList[$i])
MsgBox(4096, $iSize, $iSize)
Next

• Moderators

Are you looking in different directories? If not, is there another reason you're not using DirGetSize instead?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Are you looking in different directories? If not, is there another reason you're not using DirGetSize instead?

I need to be able to filter out certain files types. Ya see, this is part of a main script we use to migrate clients data from physical pc to network shares. Then these people are using a vdi enviornment. We are not moving peoples itunes libraries and pirated movies, :-) and several other non business file types.

So, i have to do it at files level to get any acurate count/size on the files we are moving over.

I did actually figure out how to do it, but i did notice the udf recfilelisttoarray does not seem to intake multiple file exclusions. Or im using the wrong format.

Edited by BadGrim

Search for _RecFileListToArray and FileGetSize in the Forum & help file, but _RecFileListToArray is a custom UDF by Melba23, so you won't find this in the help file.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

BadGrim,

You can get RecFileListToArray It looks like it take an include/exclude list as one of the parameters. Then it is a simple matter to loop throught the returned array and calc total size (as guinness i hinting at).

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

• Moderators

I need to be able to filter out certain files types. Ya see, this is part of a main script we use to migrate clients data from physical pc to network shares. Then these people are using a vdi enviornment. We are not moving peoples itunes libraries and pirated movies, :-) and several other non business file types.

So, i have to do it at files level to get any acurate count/size on the files we are moving over.

I did actually figure out how to do it, but i did notice the udf recfilelisttoarray does not seem to intake multiple file exclusions. Or im using the wrong format.

Just a suggestion, non-AutoIt related. I recently architected a very large VDI environment, and had to do this same task. If you have any budget at all, I would suggest investigating ProfileUnity. It is very low cost, and the amount of Profile customization and redirection you can accomplish with it is amazing.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

BadGrim,

the udf recfilelisttoarray does not seem to intake multiple file exclusions. Or im using the wrong format

As the RecFileListToArray UDF does accept multiple exclusions, I can only beleive it is the latter! :D

If you let me see what you have tried I will try and help. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area