Local $Recv = "", $CurrentRecv
    While 1
        $CurrentRecv = TCPRecv($soc, 16)
        If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
        If $CurrentRecv <> "" Then $Recv &= $CurrentRecv
    WEnd
; close etc
Return $Recv

and this will give me all the recived data.

What can i do if i do not want to recive all the data but only some part of it???

I feel nothing.It feels great.

Then you set the appropriate parameter of how many characters you want to receive.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Please provide a clear and concise workable reproducer.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Ok cool. I would take the example script as an example but i will take your example which you gave me last night

#include <Constants.au3>
TCPStartup()
Local $sHeader = InetGetHeader('http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/mobione/2.X/MobiOne_2.3.1_Installer.exe')
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', $sHeader)
TCPShutdown()

Func InetGetHeader($sURL)
Local Const $aOSArch[2] = ['32', '64']
Local Const $sUserAgent = 'AutoIt/' & @AutoItVersion & ' (Windows NT ' & _
RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\', 'CurrentVersion') & _
'; Win' & $aOSArch[@AutoItX64] & '; x' & $aOSArch[@AutoItX64] & ' & ) Version/' & @AutoItVersion
Local Const $sHost = StringRegExpReplace($sURL, '.*://(.*?)/.*', '\1')
Local Const $sPage = StringRegExpReplace($sURL, '.*://.*?(/.*)', '\1')
Local Const $sSend = 'HEAD ' & $sPage & ' HTTP/1.1' & @CRLF & _ ; HEAD / GET / POST
'Host: ' & $sHost & @CRLF & _
'User-Agent: ' & $sUserAgent & @CRLF & _
'Referer: ' & $sHost & @CRLF & _
'Connection: close ' & @CRLF & @CRLF
Local $sReturn = ''
Local Const $sIPAddress = TCPNameToIP($sHost)
If $sIPAddress == '' Then
Return SetError(@error, 0, $sReturn)
EndIf
Local $iSocket = TCPConnect($sIPAddress, 80)
If Not $iSocket Then
EndIf
If TCPSend($iSocket, $sSend) = 0 Then
TCPCloseSocket($iSocket)
EndIf
Local Const $TCP_MAXLEN = 16
Do
$sReturn &= TCPRecv($iSocket, $TCP_MAXLEN)
Until @error
TCPCloseSocket($iSocket)
Return SetError($sReturn == '', 0, $sReturn)
EndFunc ;==>InetGetHeader

This returns me informations. Max bytes of tcprecv is set to 16. Even if i set it to 1 byte it will return me the same thing.

Can i set it to bit-byte? Maybe in that case i could minimize the recive data, just saying.

Yesterday i started reading tcp functions so maybe what im asking is not the best thing

Edited by ileandros

You're putting the TCPRecv in a loop, now think for a second as to what looping until you get an error will accomplish with this script?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You're putting the TCPRecv in a loop, now think for a second as to what looping until you get an error will accomplish with this script?

When no data is sent from the server.

UDF List:

From the example in the help file, it appears that TPRecv will wait until it gets maxlen characters, then continue. Unless the help file example is written wrong, that's what I'm assuming.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The parameter refers to the length of characters received each time the function is called.

UDF List:

From the example in the help file, it appears that TPRecv will wait until it gets maxlen characters, then continue. Unless the help file example is written wrong, that's what I'm assuming.

Well I'm in the process of re-writing those functions.

UDF List:

Here >>

Do
    Until StringLen($sReturn) = $TCP_MAXLEN

UDF List:

The parameter refers to the length of characters received each time the function is called.

That was my point, if you loop the function until your socket disconnects, you're going to receive more than 16 bytes. Was I unclear in my question?

That was my point, if you loop the function until your socket disconnects, you're going to receive more than 16 bytes. Was I unclear in my question?

You questioned the use of @error in the original example they/I posted. This is solved anyway, as it was a simple misunderstanding of the second parameter.

Plus, I misunderstood the initial question.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Actually, this is better.

Do
Until StringLen($sReturn) = $TCP_MAXLEN Or @error

UDF List:

Strange, as I just executed the example I posted above and amended the Do...Until section. Did you?

UDF List:

Yeah i did. Seems scite got confused and crashed. Dunno why.

Ok that works.

What i was trying to achive is to get something in the middle of the tcprecv but it seems thats' not possible. It will receive from the beggining and return the data it received from the begining.

Guess i will have to use stringregexpreplace

It's more hassle than it's actually worth. Stick to using SREREP or the String functions (which I showed you yesterday.)

UDF List: