Checkbox "inside" color bk/font?

OliverA

Hi,

I have noticed can i can't change color to a checkbox, strange.

I want something like this:

Posted Image

How to do that? Many thanks, as always

I'M QUIT FROM THIS FORUM!

It was fun until it lasted, hope on my future way i can't find people that offend without any reason ( i was called lazy and parasitic, and everyone agreed...United we stand, divided we fall ) just for fun because don't have anything to do in the life, without knowing anything about the person who write, noone forced to post, noone forced to help.

From the top of the from their very great superiority they not go down to my level, that people can not spread the knowledge but you have to learn by yourself.

In what way? It's easy...just search on google

For that people, wish you the best way,

Oliver Astone

Add this line just after the line where you create the control

DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", -1, "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Not work, change it outside, non inside:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 176, 105, 192, 124)
$Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("", 8, 16, 16, 16)
DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", -1, "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($Checkbox1, 0xFF0000)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by OliverA

It was fun until it lasted, hope on my future way i can't find people that offend without any reason ( i was called lazy and parasitic, and everyone agreed...United we stand, divided we fall ) just for fun because don't have anything to do in the life, without knowing anything about the person who write, noone forced to post, noone forced to help.

From the top of the from their very great superiority they not go down to my level, that people can not spread the knowledge but you have to learn by yourself.

Oliver Astone

This is the best solution i have think:

#include <StaticConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 150, 150, -1, -1)
$Label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 8, 8, 16, 16, BitOR($SS_CENTERIMAGE, $SS_CENTER), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x0000FF)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 15, 600, "", "Wingdings")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Label
If GUICtrlRead($Label) = "" Then
GUICtrlSetData($Label, "ü")
Else
GUICtrlSetData($Label, "")
EndIf
EndSwitch
WEnd

I'll modify a little...wait some minute

My "final" version

#include <StaticConstants.au3>

Global $CHECKBOX_CHECKED = "ü"

$Form = GUICreate("", 140, 70, -1, -1)
$Checkbox = _GUICtrlCreateCheckBox("", 8, 8, 16, 16, 0xFFFFFF, 0x0000FF)
$Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("IsChecked", 48, 8, 81, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
 Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $Checkbox
   If GUICtrlRead($Checkbox) <> $CHECKBOX_CHECKED Then
    GUICtrlSetData($Checkbox, $CHECKBOX_CHECKED)
   Else
    GUICtrlSetData($Checkbox, "")
   EndIf
  Case $Button
   If GUICtrlRead($Checkbox) <> $CHECKBOX_CHECKED Then
    MsgBox(0, 0, "IsChecked")
   Else
    MsgBox(0, 0, "NOT Checked")
   EndIf
 EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _GUICtrlCreateCheckBox($title, $left, $top, $width, $height, $checkcolor, $checkbk, $style = 513, $exstyle = 0x00020000)
 $handle = GUICtrlCreateLabel($title, $left, $top, $width, $height, $style, $exstyle)
 GUICtrlSetColor($handle, $checkcolor)
 GUICtrlSetBkColor($handle, $checkbk)
 GUICtrlSetFont($handle, $height, 600, "", "Wingdings")
 Return $handle
EndFunc

The bad thing, you need to add a Case for ever "Checkbox", and also is not totally centered...but wait some other expert like Melba, guinness, BrewManNH and many many other, i'm sure can find a better solution for you ;)

Edited by johnmcloud

I have compiled an example for you OliverA

Download and see if it does what you want

Checkbox_Custom.7z

Thumbs up if it helped

Regards :)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Seems PhoenixXL might have this one under control. Apart from the fact they used magic numbers!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You could look at some of the skinning projects in the Example Scripts forum because that might lead to a better looking GUI in the long run.

Uskin

EZSkin

XSkin

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks to all guys

I like the johnmcloud's solution because i don't want to use external jpeg, i want only to change the color of the checkmark and the background of the checkbox :D

But i'll follow this for any other idea, except using external jpeg

Oliver Astone

My "final" version

The bad thing, you need to add a Case for ever "Checkbox", and also is not totally centered...but wait some other expert like Melba, guinness, BrewManNH and many many other, i'm sure can find a better solution for you ;)

Thinking outside the (check)box, nice!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Personally I'm not keen on creating 'jazzy' GUIs.

UI how to at MSDN provided by Mat

UDF List: