ImageSearch Usage Explanation

Centrally

Hi,

I can't fix problem with autoit library. Its stop working in new versions of autoit.

I downloaded library from this page. When I try to compile script I get error

2hc7S3d.png

I fix it with changing declaration of functions like this:

Func _ImageSearch(ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$findImage,$resultPosition,$tolerance, $HBMP=0)

After that I get 2 different errors:

1) when I'm using 32bit version of DLL:

!>12:54:03 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819

2) when I'm using 64bit vertion of DLL:

$result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"str",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP)

$result is always = 0;

And its not an array, just variable = 0.

I'm using 64bit Windows 8.1 (had similar problems at win 7 x64). I compile my scrips at 32 bit always.

Sorry for My English, I hope more experience programmers will help me.

Thank you.

• Developers

Are you sure you can simply change the parameters of the Func?

Show your total code which gave the initial error so we can have a look.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#include-once
;#include <Array.au3>
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
; AutoIt Version: 3.0
; Language:       English
; Description:    Functions that assist with Image Search
;                 Require that the ImageSearchDLL.dll be loadable
;
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;===============================================================================
;
; Description:      Find the position of an image on the desktop
; Syntax:           _ImageSearchArea, _ImageSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop
;                   $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of
;                                image differ from desktop. e.g GIF
;                   $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is.
;                                     1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image
;                   $x $y - Return the x and y location of the image
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns 1
;                   On Failure - Returns 0
;
; Note: Use _ImageSearch to search the entire desktop, _ImageSearchArea to specify
;       a desktop region to search
;
;===============================================================================
Func _ImageSearch(ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$findImage,$resultPosition,$tolerance, $HBMP=0)
   return _ImageSearchArea($findImage,$resultPosition,0,0,@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight,$x,$y,$tolerance,$HBMP)
EndFunc

Func _ImageSearchArea(ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$findImage,$resultPosition,$x1,$y1,$right,$bottom, $tolerance,$HBMP=0)
    ;MsgBox(0,"asd","" & $x1 & " " & $y1 & " " & $right & " " & $bottom)
    if $tolerance>0 then $findImage = "*" & $tolerance & " " & $findImage
If IsString($findImage) Then
    $result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"str",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP)
Else
    $result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"ptr",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP)
EndIf

; If error exit
    ConsoleWrite($result&@CRLF)
    ;_ArrayDisplay($result)
    if $result[0]="0" then return 0

; Otherwise get the x,y location of the match and the size of the image to
    ; compute the centre of search
    $array = StringSplit($result[0],"|")

$x=Int(Number($array[2]))
   $y=Int(Number($array[3]))
   if $resultPosition=1 then
      $x=$x + Int(Number($array[4])/2)
      $y=$y + Int(Number($array[5])/2)
   endif
   return 1
EndFunc

;
; Description:      Wait for a specified number of seconds for an image to appear
;
; Syntax:           _WaitForImageSearch, _WaitForImagesSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $waitSecs  - seconds to try and find the image
;                   $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop
;                   $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of
;                   $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is.
;                                     1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns 1
;
;
Func _WaitForImageSearch(ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$findImage,$waitSecs,$resultPosition,$tolerance,$HBMP=0)
    $waitSecs = $waitSecs * 1000
    $startTime=TimerInit()
    While TimerDiff($startTime) < $waitSecs
        sleep(100)
        $result=_ImageSearch($findImage,$resultPosition,$x, $y,$tolerance,$HBMP)
        if $result > 0 Then
            return 1
        EndIf
    WEnd
    return 0
EndFunc

;
; Description:      Wait for a specified number of seconds for any of a set of
;                   images to appear
;
; Syntax:           _WaitForImagesSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $waitSecs  - seconds to try and find the image
;                   $findImage - the ARRAY of images to locate on the desktop
;                              - ARRAY[0] is set to the number of images to loop through
;                                ARRAY[1] is the first image
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns the index of the successful find
;
;
Func _WaitForImagesSearch(ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$findImage,$waitSecs,$resultPosition,$tolerance,$HBMP=0)
    $waitSecs = $waitSecs * 1000
    $startTime=TimerInit()
    While TimerDiff($startTime) < $waitSecs
        for $i = 1 to $findImage[0]
            sleep(100)
            $result=_ImageSearch($findImage[$i],$resultPosition,$x, $y,$tolerance,$HBMP)
            if $result > 0 Then
                return $i
            EndIf
        Next
    WEnd
    return 0
EndFunc

Did you have similar errors like me? I mean with that ByRef part.

I use example code to call func

#include "ImageSearch.au3"

HotKeySet("p", "checkForImage")

global $y = 0, $x = 0

Func checkForImage()
Local $search = _ImageSearch($x, $y,"checkImage.png", 0, 100)
If $search = 1 Then
MouseMove($x, $y, 10)
EndIf
EndFunc

while 1
sleep(200)
WEnd

• 1 month later...

I tried the code posted by tbodine88 () to help in debug, but it always return 1 - where it cant use the DLL.  Im using 64 bit.  I tried 32 bit but it is not working. can someone help pls? how can i have this work for me? thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, ImageSearch does not work for me neither.

#include <ImageSearch.au3>

global $y = 0, $x = 0

Func checkForImage()
   Local $search = _ImageSearch('./00-login.bmp', 0, $x, $y, 0)
   If $search = 1 Then
      MouseMove($x, $y, 10)
   EndIf
EndFunc

while 1
   sleep(200)
WEnd

After I run it - DLL library crashes. Did anyone manage to fix the problem?

Don't want to hijack the threat but since I am having very similar problems thought I should just add it to this thread instead of creating a new one.

The script runs fine with the x64 dll and au3 file but the trouble is the result is always 0.

I have only tidied the imagesearch file and then complied the following code using autoit_x64 compiler.

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
$fileA = "full path to the file\meeting.bmp"

_GDIPlus_Startup()

$hImageA = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($fileA) ;this is the firefox icon use something else if you don't have it.
$hBitmapA = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImageA)

$x = 0
$y = 0

$result = _ImageSearch($hBitmapA, 1, $x, $y, 20) ;Zero will search against your active screen
If $result > 0 Then
MouseMove($x, $y)
MsgBox (0, "Result", $Result)
EndIf
MsgBox (0, "Result", $Result)
_GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImageA)
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

any help would be much appreciated. it only worked once after I downloaded the demo file but since then it has stopped working completely.

edit: I added the debug lines to the imagesearch.au3 file as well and didnt get any errors (which I believe is good) but the result is always, as previously stated, 0.

Edited by rm65453

Sorry about multiple posts but I am not able to edit my previous post.

So somehow using the standalone Aut2Exe v3 and compiling it under x86 works (using the 32 bit files). Still no luck with the 64 bit though which is fine except for the fact that the exe file crashes after most runs. 

here are the error details

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA988.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBF79.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBFE7.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

ok so I got this to work, somewhat successfully. Turns out it doesn't like mixing png and bmp formats. 

now the problem I am having is to make it search extended displays. currently it only searches the display with the toolbar underneath.

any ideas?

Am very close to getting it to work well enough to serve my purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After having lot of issues myself with getting ImageSearch to work I decided to make topic with explanation how to proper use this script.

Here is link of original topic at this topic: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Credits to kangkeng for creating such useful piece of code.

Description of parameters from ImageSearch.au3 itself:

; Description:   Find the position of an image on the desktop
; Syntax:        _ImageSearchArea, _ImageSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop
EndIf
EndFunc

while 1
sleep(200)
WEnd

I would like to apologize if by writing this I offended any of member that thinks this script is too simple to even have it explained, it's just as me being new to autoIt it took me so much time getting around errors and making this script to work.

Thanks for reading, if you bump on any problems using it post it here, I will try to help you fixing it and update topic for further reference.

Download links:

32bit: ImageSearch 32bit.rar

64bit: ImageSearch 64 bit.rar

i have a question iam trying to get the image search to work and it says error line 1 #include <ImageSearch.au3> i think because i dont have that downloaded to my library but i tried to download theses and it didnt really do anything how could i get this ? 

Unfortunately, ImageSearch does not work for me neither.

global $y = 0, $x = 0

Func checkForImage(main.bmp)
   Local $search = _ImageSearch('main.bmp', 0, $x, $y, 0)
   If $search = 1 Then
      MouseMove($x, $y, 10)
   EndIf
EndFunc

while 1
   sleep(200)
WEnd

After I run it - DLL library crashes. Did anyone manage to fix the problem?

where do i put the image and i put the imagesearch file in the include folder or do i put it the script folder because the script complies but when i click go to run it it wont move the mouse or hit the p hot key still to run but it gives me 

>"E:DownloadAutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "E:DownloadFindIMG.au3"    
"E:DownloadFindIMG.au3" (5) : ==> Expected a variable in user function call.:
Func checkForImage(main.bmp)
Func checkForImage(^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.3234

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to start looking at this, no luck so far.

Just the most basic example I can think of.

Took a screenshot of an icon on my deskto and named it VMWare.bmp and put it in the script dir.

Used the same code as the first page example with a bit of added tollerance and I get an error.

Line 44 

if $result[0]="0" then return 0

Error: Subscrit used on non-accessible varible.

Code:

global $y=0, $x=0

Func checkForImage()
Local $search = _ImageSearch("VMWare.bmp", 1, $x, $y, 10)
If $search = 1 Then
    MouseMove($x, $y, 10)
EndIf
EndFunc

While 1
    Sleep(200)
WEnd

I have tried the 32bit and 64bit dll + udf and put them in the autoit Include folder and the scripts directory both will recreate the issue unless I use the 32bit dll in the script folder it crashes autoit outright. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

This UDF has no error checking in it, you'd need to add some so that you won't get those errors. For example test $result to see if it is an array before acting on it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Yeah I was doing some error checking.

I got the script working without error, just not functioning properly/well.

I had to use the x64 udf and dll and then right click and explicitly tell the script to run as x64 then no errors occured but the image was not being found.

I bumped up the tolerance higher and higher until around 150 it found something but not the image it should have found.

I'll experiment with different image captures and see if I can get it working better.  I use a 3 monitor setup and I am searching for an icon on the main monitor, when it finally found something it was nothing close to the image I took a picture of :/

Edit: Larger image works with a 175 tolerance.  Took a capture of the entire icon.  About a 3 second lag from when I fire the function till when it finds it. 

Edit2: Working Great now used irfanview to do the screen capture, crop, save instead of the other stuff before that was probably degrading the image quality and resampling it. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

FljnhqC.pngwhy this it >.< can anyone help me :)

Im having the same issue, any resolution to it??

local $x1
Local $y1
local $search = _ImageSearch($ImgDir&"image.PNG",1,$x1,$y1,0)

if $search=1 Then
    MouseMove($x1,$y1,3)
    MsgBox(0,"Found","Found a recycle bin with stuff here...")
EndIf

running it gives me the error above....