File Properties

Guest BuddyLee

Guest BuddyLee

I need to be able to read the "Product Name" information from .exe files (please see the attached picture). To bring up the screen in the pic, right click an .exe file & choose properties & then the version tab. Thanks.

I need to be able to read the "Product Name" information from .exe files (please see the attached picture).  To bring up the screen in the pic, right click an .exe file & choose properties & then the version tab.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The function you are looking for is GetFileVersionInfo() - See MSDN LINK. However, you have to call this with DllCall (read beta help file) and there is another Win API function you will have to call: VerQueryValue - MSDN LINK. It's bit complex, but doable!

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Guest BuddyLee

Thanks Kurt,

I tried to use the methods you talked about but the DLLCALL stuff is still over my head (aka I couldn't get it to work that way). But, while searching for more info on GetFileVersionInfo(), I found a command line utility that does just what I'm looking for. So, thanks again for the help and pointing me in the right direction. The link for the ShowVer program I found is:

http://www.codeproject.com/dll/showver.asp

To download the file, you will need to register (which is free).

Bud

So, thanks again for the help and pointing me in the right direction.  The link for the ShowVer program I found is:

you're welcome and also thanks for your link!

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *