[SOLVED] ProgressBar Marquee Size

Hi guys,

I'm using the _ProgressMarquee by guinness. Work fine, but i have a little problem.

If i remove the style to the GUICtrlCreateProgress, the size of the red element is too little ( i don't know how to call it :D )

And also i have lost the smooth to the red element. Anyway, how to make it bigger? :D

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("TestProgress", 370, 101, 192, 124)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 8, 8, 65, 33)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 80, 8, 57, 33)
$Progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(8, 48, 353, 33)
DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($Progress), "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
GUISetBkColor(0x000000)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Button1
_ProgressMarquee_Start($Progress)
Case $Button2
_ProgressMarquee_Stop($Progress, 1)
EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _ProgressMarquee_Start($iControlID = -1)
Local $aArray = GUICtrlGetStyle($iControlID)
If Not BitAND($PBS_MARQUEE, $aArray[0]) Then
GUICtrlSetStyle($iControlID, $PBS_MARQUEE)
EndIf
Return GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, 1, 50)
EndFunc ;==>_ProgressMarquee_Start

Func _ProgressMarquee_Stop($iControlID = -1, $iReset = 0)
If $iReset Then
Return GUICtrlSetStyle($iControlID, 0)
EndIf
Return GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, 0, 50)
EndFunc ;==>_ProgressMarquee_Stop

Func GUICtrlGetStyle($iControlID)
Local $aArray[2] = [-1, -1], $hControl = GUICtrlGetHandle($iControlID)
$aArray[0] = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hControl, $GWL_STYLE)
$aArray[1] = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hControl, $GWL_EXSTYLE)
Return $aArray
EndFunc ;==>GUICtrlGetStyle
Edited by johnmcloud

If you remove what style from the GUICtrlCreateProgress?

A would have been helpful too because without it, everyone has to do a search for it, and you used the wrong name so that made searching harder.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ops, you have right, i have forgot the link

Anyway, this is before remove the Style to classic theme with:

DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($Progress), "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

I'd like to make that red element more bigger, and maybe smooth if possible

Edited by johnmcloud

I don't think it's possible, the progress bar style is created by Windows, you're just removing the theme from the control, not a style. Removing the theme is the only way to recolor the bar to make it red.

You'd have to do a search for using GDI+ to create the progress bar, there are examples of it on the forum, or one of the other methods of creating your own progress bar.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I've seen something by Yashied which might interest you. The colours which could be chosen were, red, green, blue and yellow.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Ah, true. I just remember it from look back 2yrs ago (I think.)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

I have make something really simple:

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 392, 122, 195, 137)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 16, 88, 65, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 90, 88, 65, 25)
$Label_White = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 16, 32, 364, 36)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)
$Label_Red = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 16, 32, 132, 36)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_HIDE)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $Button1
   _Start()
EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Start()
GUICtrlSetState($Label_Red, $GUI_SHOW)
While 1
  For $x = 1 To 232
   GUICtrlSetPos($Label_Red, 16 + $x, 32, 132)
   Sleep(10)
  Next
WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Start

The problems are:

1) I don't know how to stop it, and not also. I'd like something like:

Start_Bar()

continues with my script, do whatever loop, func, etc.

Stop_Bar()

2) I don't know how to make the red bar continue without exiting from the white label, like a real marquee ( now it stop before exiting )

Thanks

Not perfect but gives you the idea.

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate('', 392, 122, 195, 137)
    Local Const $iStart = GUICtrlCreateButton('Start', 16, 88, 65, 25)
    Local Const $iStop = GUICtrlCreateButton('Stop', 90, 88, 65, 25)
    Local Const $iLabel_White = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 16, 32, 364, 36)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($iLabel_White, 0xFFFFFF)
    Local Const $iLabel_Red = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 16, 32, 132, 36)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($iLabel_Red, 0xFF0000)
    GUICtrlSetState($iLabel_Red, $GUI_HIDE)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
            Case $iStart
                _Start($iLabel_Red, $iStop)
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func _Start($iLabel, $iStop)
    GUICtrlSetState($iLabel, $GUI_SHOW)
    Local $iInc = 1
    While Sleep(10) * (Not (GUIGetMsg() = $iStop))
        GUICtrlSetPos($iLabel, 16 + $iInc, 32, 132)
        $iInc += 1
        If $iInc = 232 Then $iInc = 1
    WEnd
    GUICtrlSetState($iLabel, $GUI_HIDE)
EndFunc   ;==>_Start

UDF List:

• Moderators

johnmcloud,

Does this help? :)

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 400, 130)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 10, 90, 80, 30)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 100, 90, 80, 30)

$sLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 10, 1, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            _Start()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Start()
    GUICtrlSetState($sLabel, $GUI_SHOW)
    While 1
        For $i = 1 to 480
            Switch $i
                Case 1 To 99
                    GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, 10, 10, $i, 30)
                Case 380 To 480
                    GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, $i - 90, 10, 480 - $i, 30)
                Case Else
                    GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, $i - 90, 10, 100, 30)
            EndSwitch
            $iBegin = TimerInit()
            Do
            If GUIGetMsg() = $Button2 Then
                GUICtrlSetState($sLabel, $GUI_HIDE)
                GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, 10, 10, 1, 30)
                Return
            EndIf
            Until TimerDiff($iBegin) > 20
        Next
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Start

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have check it out both example, but i have a little problem:

$Marquee = _MarqueeBar_Create(10, 25, 350, 35, 0xFFFFFF, 0xFF0000)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $Button1
   Test()
EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _MarqueeBar_Create($x, $y, $width, $height, $bkcolor, $progresscolor)
$Background = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $x, $y, $width, $height)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $bkcolor)
$Progress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $x, $y + 2, 1, $height - 5)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $progresscolor)
Return $Progress
EndFunc   ;==>_MarqueeBar_Create

Func _MarqueeBar_Start($x, $y, $width, $height)
GUICtrlSetState($Marquee, $GUI_SHOW)
While 1
  For $i = 1 To $width + 100
   Switch $i
    Case 1 To 99
     GUICtrlSetPos($Marquee, $x, $y + 2, $i, $height - 5)
    Case $width To $width + 100
     GUICtrlSetPos($Marquee, $i - 90, $y + 2, $width + 100 - $i, $height - 5)
    Case Else
     GUICtrlSetPos($Marquee, $i - 90, $y + 2, 100, $height - 5)
   EndSwitch
   Sleep(20)
  Next
WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_MarqueeBar_Start

Func Test()
;~  _MarqueeBar_Start(10, 25, 350, 35)
For $i = 1 To 250
  ConsoleWrite("Running" & @CRLF)
  Sleep(200)
Next
;~  _MarqueeBar_Stop()
EndFunc   ;==>Test

Func _MarqueeBar_Stop()
;~  Test
EndFunc

I need to use a marquee bar for a function i don't know how many times work. So i need something like:

_MarqueeBar_Start()

My func

MarquueBar_Stop()

With the version of guinness work this way, but the "new" not, maybe for the loop. How to do that?

Thanks

• Moderators

johnmcloud,

Some people are never satisfied! :D

$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 100, 90, 80, 30)

$sLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 10, 1, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            _Start()
        Case $Button2
            _Stop()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Start()
    AdlibRegister("_Marquee", 20)
    GUICtrlSetState($sLabel, $GUI_SHOW)
EndFunc

Func _Stop()
    AdlibUnRegister("_Marquee")
    GUICtrlSetState($sLabel, $GUI_HIDE)
    GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, 10, 10, 1, 30)
EndFunc

Func _Marquee()
    Static $iLoop = 0
    $iLoop = Mod($iLoop + 1, 481) + 1
    Switch $iLoop
        Case 1 To 99
            GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, 10, 10, $iLoop, 30)
        Case 380 To 480
            GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, $iLoop - 90, 10, 480 - $iLoop, 30)
        Case Else
            GUICtrlSetPos($sLabel, $iLoop - 90, 10, 100, 30)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_Start

M23

Edited by Melba23
Removed some debugging code

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Some people are never satisfied! :D

Some people...just say my name and you're not wrong, i like to improve my knowledge :D

I have a last problem, this is real my last :D

Using AdlibRegister i can't pass paramenter to the Func ( example like the handle ), but i have more than one GUI and more then one ProgressBar, some idea for avoid to copy many times the same Func?

Edited by johnmcloud

• Moderators

johnmcloud,

Perhaps this might give you an idea of how you might use multiple marquees? Here there are only 2 but you can scale it up for as many as you like (well, quite a few anyway) and still use the same functions. ;)

Global $aMarquee_CID[3] ; This holds the CIDs of the marquees
Global $aMarquee_Y[3] = [0, 10, 50] ; This holds the Y coordinates - you might need a 2D array to hold both X & Y
Global $iMarquee = 0 ; This is a flag to show which marquees are active

$cStart_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start 1", 10, 90, 80, 30)
$cStop_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop 1", 100, 90, 80, 30)
$cStart_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start 2", 220, 90, 80, 30)
$cStop_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop 2", 310, 90, 80, 30)

$aMarquee_CID[1] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 10, 1, 30)

$aMarquee_CID[2] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 50, 1, 30)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cStart_1
            _Start(1)
        Case $cStop_1
            _Stop(1)
        Case $cStart_2
            _Start(2)
        Case $cStop_2
            _Stop(2)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Start($iIndex)

$iMarquee = BitOr($iMarquee, 2 ^ $iIndex) ; Set the flag to show that this marquee is active
    AdlibRegister("_Marquee", 20) ; At least one must be active
    GUICtrlSetState($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $GUI_SHOW) ; And show the one that is now active
EndFunc   ;==>_Start

Func _Stop($iIndex)

$iMarquee = BitXOR($iMarquee, 2 ^ $iIndex) ; Remove this marquee from the flag
    If $iMarquee = 0 Then
        AdlibUnRegister("_Marquee") ; If no marquees are active no point in running the function
    EndIf
    GUICtrlSetState($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $GUI_HIDE) ; Hide this marquee
    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], 10, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], 1, 30) ; And reposition it

EndFunc   ;==>_Stop

Func _Marquee()
    Static $iLoop = 0
    $iLoop = Mod($iLoop + 1, 481) + 1 ; Move the marquee
    Switch $iLoop
        Case 1 To 99
            For $iIndex = 1 To UBound($aMarquee_CID) - 1 ; Look for each possible marquee in the flag
                If BitAnd($iMarquee, 2 ^ $iIndex) Then
                    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], 10, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], $iLoop, 30) ; And move it if it was present
                EndIf
            Next
        Case 380 To 480
            For $iIndex = 1 To UBound($aMarquee_CID) - 1
                    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $iLoop - 90, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], 480 - $iLoop, 30)
                EndIf
            Next
        Case Else
            For $iIndex = 1 To UBound($aMarquee_CID) - 1
                    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $iLoop - 90, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], 100, 30)
                EndIf
            Next
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_Marquee

The trick is using a single flag to show which marquess are active by using the powers of 2 as steps to increase its value - Windows does the same thing with styles. ;)

Any complaints this time? And please ask if you do not understand anything in the script. :D

M23

Spoiler

Melba, i have found a bug :D

The "stop" doesn't reset the position of the label, or better it reset but when you click on "start" it starts from the same position you have stopped it, try it yourself, you have create a "pause" button :D

Thanks

Edited by johnmcloud

• Moderators

johnmcloud,

That is not a "bug", it is a "feature". :D

But here is a version where the marquee always starts from the left: ;)

Global $aMarquee_CID[3] ; This holds the CIDs of the marquees
Global $aMarquee_Y[3] = [0, 10, 50] ; This holds the Y coordinates - you might need a 2D array to hold both X & Y
Global $aMarquee_Pos[3] = [0, 0, 0] ; This holds the position of each marquee in its track
Global $iMarquee = 0 ; This is a flag to show which marquees are active

$cStart_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start 1", 10, 90, 80, 30)
$cStop_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop 1", 100, 90, 80, 30)
$cStart_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start 2", 220, 90, 80, 30)
$cStop_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop 2", 310, 90, 80, 30)

$aMarquee_CID[1] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 10, 1, 30)

$aMarquee_CID[2] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 50, 1, 30)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cStart_1
            _Start(1)
        Case $cStop_1
            _Stop(1)
        Case $cStart_2
            _Start(2)
        Case $cStop_2
            _Stop(2)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Start($iIndex)
    $iMarquee = BitOr($iMarquee, 2 ^ $iIndex) ; Set the flag to show that this marquee is active
    AdlibRegister("_Marquee", 20) ; At least one must be active
    GUICtrlSetState($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $GUI_SHOW) ; And show the one that is now active
    $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex] = 0 ; Reset the position to the left
EndFunc   ;==>_Start

Func _Stop($iIndex)
    $iMarquee = BitXOR($iMarquee, 2 ^ $iIndex) ; Remove this marquee from the flag
    If $iMarquee = 0 Then
        AdlibUnRegister("_Marquee") ; If no marquees are active no point in running the function
    EndIf
    GUICtrlSetState($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $GUI_HIDE) ; Hide this marquee
    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], 10, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], 1, 30) ; And reposition it
EndFunc   ;==>_Stop

Func _Marquee()
    For $iIndex = 1 To UBound($aMarquee_CID) - 1 ; Look for each possible marquee in the flag
            $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex] = Mod($aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex] + 1, 481) + 1 ; Change the position of this marquee
            Switch $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex]  ; And move it
                Case 1 To 99
                    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], 10, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex], 30)
                Case 380 To 480
                    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex] - 90, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], 480 - $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex], 30)
                Case Else
                    GUICtrlSetPos($aMarquee_CID[$iIndex], $aMarquee_Pos[$iIndex] - 90, $aMarquee_Y[$iIndex], 100, 30)
            EndSwitch
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_Marquee

And that is it - you are on your own from now on. :)

M23

Spoiler

Agree, if possible please update the post with 1 progressbar, i don't understand nothing about all that array lol :sweating:

I'm getting started :huggles:

I'M QUIT FROM THIS FORUM!

It was fun until it lasted, hope on my future way i can't find people that offend without any reason ( i was called lazy and parasitic, and everyone agreed...United we stand, divided we fall ) just for fun because don't have anything to do in the life, without knowing anything about the person who write, noone forced to post, noone forced to help.

From the top of the from their very great superiority they not go down to my level, that people can not spread the knowledge but you have to learn by yourself.

In what way? It's easy...just search on google

For that people, wish you the best way,

Oliver Astone